Skin Weight Mesh Flickering

Posted By Slayerazazel 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Slayerazazel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hello all. I've had this issue for some time now. And i thought it could be an issue with my models/mesh of the models. So i went and downloaded the shirt reallusion used in the following tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsE5qJP2xAI&list=PLNV5zSFadPdmyOVE2c3RrOqLZS-KfiEZK&index=17

I couldn't download the shorts to test them since it's no longer available to download on sketchfab. Does this happen for anyone else? Or is there some sort of setting i may be missing in CC3 to stop it flickering? The skin weights still work fine, but it just does my eyes in while working with skin weights. It flickers on everything when i open skin weights to manually edit. Even content from the reallusion assassin's pack. All videos I've seen from reallusion there is no flickering. So it's definitely not the actual mesh, so it can only be a setting? All my drivers are up to date.

Slayerazazel
This post has been flagged as an answer
Slayerazazel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Oh boy, i should have just kept trying to figure it out before posting lol.. I fixed the issue. It seems to be the TAA in the render options. That has stopped the flickering. But hey, if anyone else has this exact issue. It's easily fixed!!!

e1_scheer
e1_scheer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Good to know !
thx Smile
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Another tip...

If you wish to completely eliminate those *pocks* of the material (which is never taken away from the back side of the mesh in Weight mode), then enable X-Ray view mode.
It also helps to see though paint on the other side for bottom of dresses and other baggy cloths.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2722ba0a-b075-475d-a999-dbff.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8c017103-8068-4349-aa18-3584.jpg

Edited
4 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Slayerazazel
Slayerazazel
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

4u2ges (7/19/2020)
Another tip...

If you wish to completely eliminate those *pocks* of the material (which is never taken away from the back side of the mesh in Weight mode), then enable X-Ray view mode.
It also helps to see though paint on the other side for bottom of dresses and other baggy cloths.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2722ba0a-b075-475d-a999-dbff.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8c017103-8068-4349-aa18-3584.jpg

Nice. I just had a look at it with x-ray mode on and being able to see the back mesh also will definitely make it easier to see what's going on with the weights. I have a decent amount of knowledge with CC3 and iclone, but it still seems like I'm learning new stuff every day.

Reading This Topic