Profile Picture

How to record for a long period of time (newbie question)

Posted By VRTeacher 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to record for a long period of time (newbie question)

Author
VRTeacher
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'm trying to record a video of a head avatar animating in iClone 7 using LIVE FACE (iPhone) and the Motion LIVE plug-in.
I'm also recording audio using a microphone connected to the PC.
After I set up the LIVE FACE app in my iPhone and the Motion LIVE plug-in, I start "Record", which starts the time in the Play Bar window in iClone 7.
But the Play Bar window has the ending where the recording stops.
Now, please teach me how to keep recording and not be limited by the ending of the Play Bar window.
(I have clicked on the Loop button in the Play Bar window before recording but that didn't seem to be it.)
Thanks in advace.
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi VRteacher,
May I suggest that you start from somewhere else?

iClone does not give stereo sound, so to to make your piece I suggest you record and edit etc on an audio program then use an NLP to unite it with iClone.

You can take the mono version and track the speech, music or whatever so that the facial mocap gets it right, then return to the NLP to replace the mono with stereo. I use Adobe Audition annd Adobe Premiere Pro but I expect any similar suite would do.

SeanMac
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
VRTeacher (7/13/2020)
I'm trying to record a video of a head avatar animating in iClone 7 using LIVE FACE (iPhone) and the Motion LIVE plug-in.
I'm also recording audio using a microphone connected to the PC.
After I set up the LIVE FACE app in my iPhone and the Motion LIVE plug-in, I start "Record", which starts the time in the Play Bar window in iClone 7.
But the Play Bar window has the ending where the recording stops.
Now, please teach me how to keep recording and not be limited by the ending of the Play Bar window.
(I have clicked on the Loop button in the Play Bar window before recording but that didn't seem to be it.)
Thanks in advace.

The maximum length you can set is 15 minutes or 54,000 frames. You can change this in Project Settings (CTRL+SHIFT+P). Please see number 12 on the page below.

https://manual.reallusion.com/iClone_7/ENU/Content/iClone_7/7.7/04_Introducing_the_User_Interface/Play_bar_and_play_control_pane.htm

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

VRTeacher
VRTeacher
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)Veteran Member (829 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thank you, Peter!
I've found the Project panel.
I've got a couple more questions.
Is there any reason the maximum length is set at 15 minutes or that there is any maximum limit on the length at all?
Also, if I wanted to record more than 15 minutes, should I use the preview function (instead of 'record') and capture the screen like in a live broadcast?
Again, thanks!

Reading This Topic