Profile Picture

Crash takes out saved files!

Posted By wwildwood 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wwildwood
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)Junior Member (156 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I spent an entire day manually placing lips... making sure I constantly saved the file.
About 9/10s there a window appears claiming I don't have enough disk space to cary out my command and giving me no other option but to force-quit CrazyTalk.
... no problem right? I only just saved all my work twenty minutes ago so no huge biggie...

... WRONG! When I try to re-open the project my saved project apparently has ZERO BYTES and cannot be opened!

Anyone know of any way to recover my project please?
(Mac OS)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

Really sorry to hear you have had problems saving your project.

When working on a project is is always advised to save to a new file each time. Never overwrite the existing copy unless you have a backup saved. That way if you encounter an issue like running out of free space you will still have a working version saved and available to use.

Sadly if you didn't save to a different file, or kept a backup, then it is unlikely the project can be recovered. If the file is showing 0 bytes then the project is incomplete and won't be able to be reloaded.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic