10 - Export to 3D Engines

Posted By Miranda (RL) 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Miranda (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Since the bind pose of CC3+ Character is A-pose, while the bind pose of CC3 Characters is T-pose, some Export interfaces like OBJ, FBX, GoZ are changed accordingly. 

This introduction includes the changes of OBJ Export and FBX Export. For ZBrush pipeline, please check OUT THIS POST.
  • OBJ Export
  • FBX Export
    • Mesh and Motion
    • Mesh
    • Export with Eye Elements (Tear Line & Eye Occlusion)
    • Shaders Settings Are Retained
    • Advanced Settings for UDIM Options

Besides these updates, we also improved symmetrical accuracy for the export FBX files. Characters that are continuously exported and imported from and to CC will no longer become increasingly asymmetrical. This is due to slight lopsidedness of the HIK Control rig affecting the bone and mesh alignment. Please check THIS POST for more details.

Edited
4 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (62.8K reputation)

OBJ Export

Since the bind pose of CC3+ and CC3 characters are different, therefore, Export OBJ > Nude Character in T-Pose has been renamed to Nude Character in Bind-Pose.
When exporting CC3 Base+ Character, it will be exported in A-pose. If exporting CC3 Base Character, it will still be exported in T-pose.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/46752b53-eeab-4ad9-ab8d-c33f.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d209e6f2-7d22-4fa2-b152-4c1a.jpg

Edited
4 Years Ago by Chuck (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

FBX Export

FBX Export (Mesh and Motion)

Export FBX > FBX Options: Mesh and Motion > Universal T-Pose Editing has been renamed to First Frame in Bind-Pose.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1dc23e94-13fd-424a-bd91-4071.jpg

FBX Export (Mesh) 

Export FBX > FBX Options: Mesh have A-Pose and T-Pose as default pose now.

* If you want to change the appearance of the body by adjusting the bones in an external tool, you can output a FBX file with bone data instead of OBJ or GoZ which do not contain bone data.
* The choice between the A-Pose and T-Pose largely depends on whether or not the shoulders need to be morphed. If the shoulders need to be morphed then use the A-Pose, otherwise, the T-Pose is sufficient.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/efba9302-14a3-4691-bbf8-bcfb.jpg

Export with Eye Elements 

According to the current behavior, eye elements will be exported along with the character.  Since the shader settings can't be carried to 3rd party tools except UE4, CC will automatically add a transparent PBR texture on eye elements when exporting to prevent visual flaws. Manually deleting the eye elements in 3rd party tools, makes it impossible to import the character back into CC.

Shader Settings Are Retained 

Exporting and importing the same FBX file out of and into CC will still retain the shader settings (keeping the original DH / SSS shaders and shader settings).

CC3.2 export and import FBX from to CC did not store shader settings:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/902919c9-42e0-4aff-b8a7-b8f0.jpg

CC3.3 export and import FBX from to CC will now store shader settings:
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/355b2e53-4acb-46ff-be51-eb9b.jpg

Advanced Settings for UDIM Options 

You can select to export CC3+ Character with the new UDIM method or the traditional (UV overlap). The default value is checked.
*You will need to uncheck this option if you want to export clothed character to Substance Painter.  Please see THIS POST for more details.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9f415bdc-dd2e-4fb6-b52d-2616.png

Edited
4 Years Ago by Miranda (RL)
nildoessa
nildoessa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)Veteran Member (663 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Hello Miranda..
will the new cc3+ mesh export properly to fbx to be used in 3dsmax? Im more interested in knowing about the new improvements in shoulders/elbow knee deformation... will they be carried out to the fbx the same as in native character creator?

is it possible to share with me an fbx export so i can test please? any mesh is fine I just want to see if it works ok with our pipeline..

also im new to cc (daz user) and i know CC has morph targets for face.. but alot of times we want to make our own custom morph targets can these be made in 3dsmax and then imported back to cc3.3 to be exported to unreal and continue from there? Ideally we are looking for the following workflow.

1. Make Daz Model
2. Export to CC3.3 to take advantage of the UE4 Connection AND Latest features (skin etc)
3. Export to FBX to 3dsmax and animate..then (still in 3dsmax) export FBX animation to UE4 version of the CC3.3 Mesh.. 
is this possible?
Jeffrey_Milton
Jeffrey_Milton
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)Senior Member (495 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
This information needs to go into the online manual ASAP. I had to hunt to find this post.
"First Frame Bind-In Pose" is very confusing to me. Why not just call the option for a T-Pose or A-Pose? This breaks my prior to CC 3.3 workflow where I had options in the FBX export in IClone for the T-Pose. When I check this now, I only get a A-Pose when importing into Lightwave 2020
I had great luck exporting FBX characters and motions with the T-Pose option to Lightwave 2020 before the 3.3 update. Now it doesn't work from exporting from IClone. 
This is what kind of works as of now.
- Create character in CC 3.3
- Send it to IClone
- Add motions
- Export  .rlmotion file from Iclone
- Back in CC 3.3, export FBX dialog with Blender option
- Import the .rlmotion file from above
- Check the poorly named "First Frame Bind-In Pose"
- Export the FBX.
- Import into Lightwave Layout with the Load>Import>Interchange:FBX option.
- Loads it into Lightwave with the "A-Pose", which means the shoulders and arms are messed up and too close to the body.
Let me know if there is a better workflow to get back the T-Pose.

--Jeff

Reading This Topic