Profile Picture

Faceware Profile Licensing

Posted By pedro.magalhaes_508591 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pedro.magalhaes_508591
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

On Faceware website the pricing is $1,590 billed annualy. I guess this is a different profile to use with Faceware Studio that costs additional $2,340 per year.

On Reallusion store it just says $1,590, is it perpetual?
It includes the Faceware Realtime that we've been using during trial period.
Can someone confirm that this is a limited software that only allows local camera connection (no streaming from another computer)?

I'm checking the various possibilities to do realtime face and body animation (we already have neuron pro), with the advantages/disadvantages vs price of each solution.

Thankyou,
Miguel
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 minutes ago
I have the Faceware from iClone and it is a perpetual license. It only works with a local camera, but it also accepts a pre-recorded image sequence. 

Currently, if you have a recent iPhone, it would be cheaper to use Live Face.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

pedro.magalhaes_508591
pedro.magalhaes_508591
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)Junior Member (166 reputation)

Thank you for confirming!
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Just to add to what Ani says above, conceivably you *could* use Faceware with a remote feed, if you use the Webcam emulator I show off in my tutorial.

Essentially in that case it will work with any camera source you can bring to your computer.  So, IF you could bring a remote camera in (and I don't see why not -- let's say something like Facetime) you could send this source to the Webcam emulator and then send the whole thing to iClone.  

Now -- this same thing ought to be true with Live Face now that we know you don't need a "3D face" to trigger it.  I'm in no way in a position to test either theory (while I own all that is necessary to check both, my time at my computer is very limited) but if you need some verification of this before you purchase please let me know and I'll see what can happen in the next few weeks.

As someone who DOES own both -- Live Face is better in every way and even price wise is around $500 cheaper (including the iPhone -- you can pick up one that will work with this for under $800).  If you are debating which way to go I can't see why you'd go with Faceware (others will disagree -- this is just my own opinion.  I NEVER use Faceware anymore).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 minutes ago
I bought Faceware when it was introduced and the price was less than half, and I don't have an iPhone, but I agree with Kelley that Live Face is a better value.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

pedro.magalhaes_508591
pedro.magalhaes_508591
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you all for your feedback! Just to be clear, its possible to stream from Liveface for as many iClones with Liveface Profile as I want? That would make that option even more accessible as I'm planning to use two independent servers.
And, does Liveface have a plugin for Unreal or is it exclusive for iClone?

Reading This Topic