Camera tilt - going through or around corners

Posted By Catpickle! 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Catpickle!
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I'm wanting to create a fly through down some corridors and around some corners, as you do in a nice gliding like manner but despite being able to click the rotate tool, I can not get the camera to tilt.

Any suggestions on how to get that motion of flying through a corner at an angle and then straighten up.

Many thanks

Bw
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You mean like a bike cornering? If yes, then you need to activate Roll (which would allow to rotate camera by Y axis).
To do that, go to Edit > Camera and uncheck Auto Level.
Then use V keyboard shortcut to roll camera at the corner.

Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Man, can't thank you enough!

It is a real pain to get a nice steady smooth bike style lean, tried using follow paths but that probably needs a lot of dummy's to keep the camera's focus.

I'm not giving up yet, thanks again.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

I do not like Path and I rarely animate cameras with camera tools.
Here's quick and dirty even cornering. You may further enhance it if you have a Curve Editor plugin.

Catpickle!
Catpickle!
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I have just bought curve editor, what little I know about it is it allows you to fine tune keyframes is that it? I bought it in advance of me using it in the main because the 50% offer ends today. Toying with the same for popcorn but cant see I would use that looking ahead.

So, I think I grasp your technique, you attach the camera to a block? is that to simplify the controls of the camera? On its own manipulating the camera on its axis for things like corners seems to cause its internal gimbal to go off the rails, for me anyhow. The path yes even for animating walks is so hit and miss at best. You always end up with the character looking like they are being pulled along and the animation of the feet appears like they are moonwalking.

Thanks for your time and the useful video.
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I bought it in advance of me using it in the main because the 50% offer ends today.

Good call. You should be happy with the ability to set tangents for key-frame transitions.

So, I think I grasp your technique, you attach the camera to a block? is that to simplify the controls of the camera?

I could have controlled the camera itself with the same technique. But the camera is small, gray and hard to see. That is why I did attach it to something bigger, blighter and controllable. Wink

Reading This Topic