Profile Picture

Drag/Drop FolderStructure

Posted By Exposure Games 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Exposure Games
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Why can I not take a prop that I imported into iClone, and just drag it from the props folder to a props Sub-folder like "Books" or something? I have to open the prop and re save it in the latter folder. This is EXTREMELY counter productive. I'm honestly a bit shocked you can't just drag and drop to other folders. Especially when in my case, I'm moving LITERALLY over 1,000 props from Daz to Unreal via the 3DX Pipeline. I've spent days so far just re-saving to the proper folders and I could have been done with this on day 1 if Drag and Drop was implemented...

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago
I'm not quite understanding your problem. Why don't you save it directly from 3DXchange to the folder where you want it? Any other reorganization is easily done with Windows File Explorer.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Exposure Games
Exposure Games
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)Senior Member (325 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Because when I'm in 3dX sometimes I'm not sure what my folder hierarchy will be.
I don't want to have to work outside of CC3 or iClone, when every other program on earth allows you to drag a file and drop it into a folder. Why should I have to go into Internet Explorer to do that?
I make changes to a character and think "Oh man, this is a great sci-fi guy now, let me just throw this in my sci-fi folder"... NOPE! Not doing that. I have to go external to simply move something. lol.

I don't know how you don't see the issue with that.
wires
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Right click on the item, select "Cut" open the required folder and Paste.

Where's the problem??? Ermm

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic