Crazy Stuff Happening in My iClone!

Posted By william.carey30 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
william.carey30
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello All!
     Granted I do everything on a refurbished (in 2017) 2016 HP Pavilion laptop, and we are well into 2020, but very weird stuff keeps happening with my custom files.  The template files are always OK for some reason!  The first thing that happened was that my custom projects disappeared without a trace!  When I did a search for them, they simply didn't exist anymore on the computer.  At that time, I still had all my custom avatars, so I quickly generated some new projects to work on.  Then all my custom avatars disappeared, also without a trace!  I still had all my heads, and all my materials, so I generated new characters to work with.  Then the custom projects disappeared again, though temporarily this time!  I found that when I clicked on custom, 3 files came up, "avatar", another "avatar", and "avatars".  If I then click on the second avatar file, there are my custom avatars!  I searched through all my files for the second avatar file and the avatars file to delete them, but they don't show up anywhere.  The last thing to happen was that all of my custom motions became fatally corrupted, that is, when I click on them, the motion goes onto the avatar, but the avatar becomes visibly deformed, and no further action is possible.  I just get a permanent loading symbol going around, and have to shut down the program.  I also get frequent crashes, though that is somewhat typical with iClone.  I use all G5 characters, though I don't think that has anything to do with the situation.  Believe it or not, all of this didn't mess me up as much as it sounds.  I dragged back in a few projects I had on my Google Drive, and since I never lost any heads, hair, accessories, props, etc., and never lost ANY template stuff, I have a dozen or so nice projects I'm working on as always.
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Maybe check your drive?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
If files are randomly disappearing or becoming corrupt then it sounds like a drive issue or possibly a virus issue. Try right clicking the drive in Windows File Explorer and choose "Properties". From there select the "Tools" tab and check for Errors and Optimise the drive afterwards. It would also be worth running a full system scan with whatever anti-virus software you have installed just to be sure.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

william.carey30
william.carey30
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Thanks, I'll do that!
william.carey30
william.carey30
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I did what you said.  The results were as follows:  Avira says no viruses.  Windows says no system errors on the C-Drive.  I optimized/defragmented.  Can't remember the last time I defragmented the drive.  That's probably not a good thing!  I basically deleted all the content that was fatally corrupted.  I know there's no way to get back the projects and characters that disappeared.  Hopefully that's the end of the problem for however much longer my 2016 HP Pavilion lasts!

Reading This Topic