Profile Picture

Editing CC3 base models in external programs - guidelines to follow?

Posted By codydobie 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Editing CC3 base models in external programs - guidelines to follow?

Author
codydobie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
When you export a CC3 base model into Blender, and want to reimport it back into CC3 -- what is CHaracter Creator looking for in terms of determining whether or not it will still read that base model and allow it through as a standard model in iClone?

For example, if I export out a CC3 base character, completely change the mesh entirely in Blender, but keep the exact armature and bone structure in tact, will I be able to reimport that to CC3 with no issue, or will it be interpreted as a new/different model that CC3 doesn't recognize?

If it is possible, is there anything in particular I need to do when importing/exporting from CC3 or Blender?
animagic
This post has been flagged as an answer
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 39 minutes ago
Completely changing the mesh is a no-no; you will not be able to re-import. Changing the UV mapping can also cause problems.

You can modify the shape of the mesh provided that you maintain vertex order and count. I believe there are tutorials explaining how to export from Blender.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

codydobie
codydobie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)Junior Member (172 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Ok, that's really helpful to know - thanks!

Reading This Topic