Profile Picture

Can I use Affinity instead of PS?

Posted By TNFireWalker 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TNFireWalker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi, I am leaning to use this AWESOME Headshot PlugIn! It is GREAT and has so many moving parts (no pun intended) 
I am working on my first REAL person and watching the tutorials. (https://www.reallusion.com/reallusiontv/#/character-creator/webinar?id=nhq5DcfqUBs- I know there are more)
I don't know where but it is mentioned about using PhotoShop to edit the picture. What else can I use besides PhotoShop? I thought I remember we can use SnagIt, which is good
My question is: can we use this product: https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/

Also, how do I connect to the photo editor? I know there is a 'button' but am lost from there and what is the true purpose?

Thank you in advance and much appreciate your guidance about the Product and how to? 
Nancy
PS: Will the NEW product coming out soon be better to capture the FACE of a REAL person or is it to be used in conjunction with Headshot Plug In? 

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Nancy

Almost any image editor can be used with Character Creator 3. I don't personally use Affinity photo but it should be fine to use.

To add your texture editor, please do the following.

1. Open Preferences in CC3 (CTRL+P)
2. Select the "Texture Editor" button under the System area.
3. Navigate to the launch .exe file of your image editor.

Please Note: If you already have an icon for an image editor on your Desktop, you can right click it, choose Properties, and then copy and paste the address in the Target box (minus the quotation marks) into your CC3 Preferences.
I hope this helps.

PS: Will the NEW product coming out soon be better to capture the FACE of a REAL person or is it to be used in conjunction with Headshot Plug In?

Which new product are you referring to? Headshot is our latest plugin for creating photorealistic faces from photos. There is nothing coming that will replace or improve on Headshot.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

TNFireWalker
TNFireWalker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)

Hi, Peter...thank you for answering me so quickly.
So, I can also use Snagit  instead of Photoshop, if I understand you correctly? Or if I choose to...use the Affinity. Thanks....
Also, thank you for giving me the HOW To's on making what ever I use to work!

Next, gee ,,,OKAY...found it: SkinGen Plugin...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GsYuVdSijo&feature=emb_logo
It is from the Forum Page: https://forum.reallusion.com/446060/Character-Creator-33-SkinGen-First-Look#bm446096
"Dear Character Creator Users,Reallusion follows up the success of Headshot, the game changer for rapid digital double character creation AI, with a look at the forthcoming release of SkinGen. The Digital Human workflow evolves in this sneak peek of SkinGen, a new plugin for Character Creator and the next component of the Reallusion digital human creation system."

The above is the information...is this the next greatest step to make people look real after first using Headshot? OR am I way off the mark on this?

Thank you,
Nancy

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 25 minutes ago
TNFireWalker (6/3/2020)
 "Dear Character Creator Users,Reallusion follows up the success of Headshot, the game changer for rapid digital double character creation AI, with a look at the forthcoming release of SkinGen. The Digital Human workflow evolves in this sneak peek of SkinGen, a new plugin for Character Creator and the next component of the Reallusion digital human creation system."

The above is the information...is this the next greatest step to make people look real after first using Headshot? OR am I way off the mark on this?

You are correct.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

vidi
vidi
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Snagit is a image editor ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

TNFireWalker
TNFireWalker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Vidi, yes, I use it to do some editing with its eraser & brush tool. I don't know what PhotoShop's capabilities are, but I am just a basic kind of person.
Hope this answers your question. 

TNFireWalker
TNFireWalker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Gee, thank you! Just when I am starting to learn HeadShot....RL comes out with a NEW SHINY OBJECT to make the images more realistic.
Thank you....I need to learn it first, then I guess get the new 'shiny object' when it is released.
Smile
Mythcons
Mythcons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Just FYI, Affinity is having a significant sale on their products, and I highly recommend them. I especially use Affinity Designer, which is compatible with Character Creator, iClone, Headshot, etc. Although Affinity Photo is probably what you're after.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/

I wish Krita was more compatible with Reallusion, as it is a great image editor. However, once opened, Krita will not accept new documents/exports from Reallusion products. So you have to close it for a new export from Character Creator and such.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Mythcons
Mythcons
Mythcons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
vidi (6/4/2020)
Snagit is a image editor ?

Snagit does have an image editor, but it's mostly marking up Snagit captures.

Reading This Topic