Profile Picture

Unreal Live link - still not enough understanding

Posted By zoralarousse 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
zoralarousse
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)Junior Member (137 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi Everyone.

I have a lot of difficulties to understand what assets license I need for using Unreal Live link. I ask to Support, read forums and watch Youtube and comments. The answers are not really clear.
It's money again...

I am boring with my questions and bored with the bad answers.

I know I must have 3Dxchange7 Pipeline, iClone7 and, why not, CC7 Pipeline, other$ Pipeline, etc.

When I speak about Licenses, I am meaning on the web store page, there are "Buy iContent" (=Standard License) and "Buy Export" (=Export License)

I believe, I can transfert Characters, Lights and Cameras directly into Unreal Engine without using Export FBX (and other). I must not have Export License for Characters. Correct ?
BUT ...
Do I must have License Export for my other assets to export props into Unreal Engine (I speak ONLY for this software) or the standard license is sufficient ? (I know, today, Unreal Live link can not directly send other assets into Unreal Engine).

Thank you very much for your advices.
Have a nice day.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

To be able to use Unreal Live Link you will first need to have 3DXchange 7 Pipeline.

In addition, You will also need to purchase Export License versions of any content packs bought from the Content Store or Marketplace if you wish to use them in Unreal or any other 3rd party software. If you only plan to use the content in iClone 7 then you only need the iContent version.

Please Note: The embedded content that comes with iClone 7 doesn't require an export license.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic