Profile Picture

What can you do in base iclone 7

Posted By jackandtherabit 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jackandtherabit
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I bought iclone 7 and it seems like I can do very little of what originally thought I could do, I might be wrong and probably am. but can you do motion capture with the xbox kentic cam with the basic version or do you have to buy all the fancy plugins.  can I import models that I make and rig them in iclone? can I export to blender? when I look these up it seems like I hit the wall I have to have 3d exchange and some other plugin, is this correct? I am I stuck animating and making my scene in iclone?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
With iClone 7 on its own you have in effect a self contained 3D animation studio. You can create scenes made up of characters, props etc. and animate them. You can then render your projects to video or image form. None of this requires additional purchase or plugins.

iClone comes with a sample collection of characters and props and allows you to build custom props using the included 3D Block system. It also comes with the FREE "Character Creator 3 for iClone" which allows you to create your own custom characters. You can also build up your library of content by purchasing add-on packs (some free content is also available from the Marketplace).

iClone also comes with a variety of tools to animate including Motion Puppet and Face Puppet. Motion capture isn't included and requires additional purchase. In the case of the Kinect this would require purchasing the Kinect Mocap Plugin (around $80) and the required hardware.

However, if you want to import 3rd party characters, props and motion files, then you will need 3DXchange 7 Pro. If you also want to have the option of exporting iClone content to other 3D software like Blender, then you would need 3DXchange 7 Pipeline which allows both import and export.

I hope this helps make things a little clearer.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jackandtherabit
jackandtherabit
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)Junior Member (179 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
yeah I asked for a refund on iclone 7 and character creator 3 I am not will to spend 499$ for 3d exchange, I maybe if they decide to have basic support for other 3d application I might come back.
Peter (RL)
This post has been flagged as an answer
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
If you only want to export characters then Character Creator 3 Pipeline may be an option. Currently the full price of Character Creator 3 Pipeline is $199. With CC3 Pipeline you can export directly to other 3D software and game engines like Unreal. However, if you want to be able to import and export non-standard characters and props then 3DXchange 7 Pipeline will still be required.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic