Profile Picture

Issue with motion

Posted By lbledea 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lbledea
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello guys,

I have a big issue with a character in my animation. I'm new in 2D and I just started to work in Cartoon Animator 4, so maybe is just a small problem, but I can't figure it out. As you can see in this two pictures, I added a motion to that dog, and when he start to walk, is jumping back, but the location says that he is in the same place. Can someone help with this? Thank you!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4ae279a4-0c21-467a-8767-b888.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1db6df48-b5e3-4fe9-a3d6-17bd.jpg
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 1 hour ago
It looks like the Transform key at frame 70 is setting the dogs position back. Try removing that keyframe.

It is important to remember that moving a character (or prop) at a frame other than frame 1 will set Transform keys and cause the character to move when the project is played back. Only move your character or prop at a frame other than 1 if you are sure you want the object to move to that spot. So for example if you have your character positioned on the right side at frame 1 and you move the character to the left side at frame 200, the character will begin the gradual transition from right to left over the 200 frames.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
4 Years Ago by Peter (RL)

Reading This Topic