Profile Picture

Editing a pre-existing scene not working (Pipeline)

Posted By dwbarton 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dwbarton
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I can't figure out how to "Launch PSD Editor" for an entire scene.  It works on the individual objects in the scene but not the entire scene. If I create a scene from scratch with the external editor (Affinity) the entire scene is sync'd, but after I close and reopen that file (or open any other project file) then I can't send the entire scene to the external editor.  Any ideas?
garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I suspect that this is because a scene is simply a collection of props wrapped up in a scene container.  As such, the PSD-to-scene workflow is (at least currently) one-way.

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
dwbarton (5/30/2020)
I can't figure out how to "Launch PSD Editor" for an entire scene.  It works on the individual objects in the scene but not the entire scene. If I create a scene from scratch with the external editor (Affinity) the entire scene is sync'd, but after I close and reopen that file (or open any other project file) then I can't send the entire scene to the external editor.  Any ideas?

Hi...

If you want to export an entire scene you do this by going to Render > Export PSD File on the Menu Bar. The scene at the current frame number will then be exported.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

garylearntech
garylearntech
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks Peter - this was one time I was happy to be proven completely wrong!  Sorry for the bad advice, dwbarton.

---
Cartoon Animator 4 Pipeline (always the current production version, unless otherwise stated)
Mac mini M1, macOS Big Sur (11.6.5)
Signature data last updated 2022-05-15

dwbarton
dwbarton
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)New Member (87 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi.  Thanks for replying, but you misunderstood.  I don't want to export a frame, I want to update/edit the contents of a "Scene" using "PSD Sync" tool in "Scene Manager".  If I right click on an object under the Scene I get the option to "Launch PSD Editor" and that works fine, but there is no option to launch the PSD editor when I right click on the "Scene".  Although if I create a scene from scratch by launching the PSD editor it will be Sync'd until I close the project and then open it again, then I am unable to launch the PSD editor for the entire Scene.  Seems like a bug to me, unless it's something I'm doing wrong.  The image below is from the online help.

Reading This Topic