Character Creator 3.3 - SkinGen First Look

Posted By Miranda (RL) 4 Years Ago
Rated 4.3 stars based on 6 votes.
Author
mrtobycook
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
TAaustin, sorry you haven’t had an answer yet! I would add a support ticket as it seems no real illusion person wants to answer on here. (Edit: to be clear, I mean because you’ve asked multiple times and had no answer)

The pack you’re talking about is very popular, and yes it does seem to overlap with the features being teased - I just think you have to wait until release to find out what will happen. in general, this new SkinGen system is an overall upgrade to the Appearance Editor and will replace it - based on things they have said before in this thread.

It’s a good point though - decals and stuff were a feature previously of the “pack” you purchased. It’s not clear if the that decal function (for example) will just be part of SkinGen and everyone will be able to do it. Or whether it will be part of the paid SkinGen extra thing. (And maybe they will give you a discount, and others who bought the pack you did?)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d11fc97b-7387-4f19-bb1e-0785.png
virtualfilmer.com | youtube

Edited
4 Years Ago by mrtobycook
TAaustin
TAaustin
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)Veteran Member (560 reputation)

Thanks...glad I am not the only one with that question.
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
mrtobycook (7/18/2020)
TAaustin, sorry you haven’t had an answer yet! I would add a support ticket as it seems no real illusion person wants to answer on here.

It's the weekend. RL people have a life too...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

mrtobycook
mrtobycook
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

animagic (7/19/2020)
mrtobycook (7/18/2020)
TAaustin, sorry you haven’t had an answer yet! I would add a support ticket as it seems no real illusion person wants to answer on here.

It's the weekend. RL people have a life too...

He said it was his fourth time posting, so I was trying to be helpful Smile) But you’re right! RL people have a weekend too! I think it’s difficult for many folks as they are eagerly awaiting this update, that’s all, and have questions. Smile) but in a few weeks we will all know all the answers! RL has a history of “making good” with deals and offers, so anyone worried about SkinGen somehow “ripping them off” because they have bought packs etc should try to just wait - I’m sure RL will solve any issues!! Smile)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d11fc97b-7387-4f19-bb1e-0785.png
virtualfilmer.com | youtube

Edited
4 Years Ago by mrtobycook
Kiura
Kiura
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)Junior Member (209 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
i also want to know...
Miranda (RL)
Miranda (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (63.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
TAaustin (7/18/2020)
This is my 4th post...I have a question about the new SkinGen coming soon to CC3. My concern is that I purchased the CC Essential Bundle (complete bundle) - [Export version]...I was wanting to know if the SkinGen Plugin and the 3 packs are an updated version of the CC Essential Bundle or does it replace the current Appearance Editor or is it something completely separate? I am lost concerning the new update coming in July? If anyone can shed some light on this matter it would be very much appreciated...thanks.

Hello TAaustin,

1. When CC v3.3 releases, CC Essential Morph will be updated to be compatible with the new base (CC3+).  
2. The new morph pack (Ultimate Morphs) is not an updated version of CC Essential Morph. It contains around 200 new morphs and 12 character shapes.  CC Essential Morph will be a bonus in this pack.
3. SkinGen is not a replacement for the Appearance Editor.  SkinGen is designed for the new base (CC3+), while Appearance Editor is designed for CC1 Character.  The function will be active depends on which generation of character you are currently editing on the view port. 
*The full function of dynamic texture editing for clothes and accessory remains no change.

Hope it helps!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

mrtobycook (7/18/2020)
TAaustin, sorry you haven’t had an answer yet! I would add a support ticket as it seems no real illusion person wants to answer on here. (Edit: to be clear, I mean because you’ve asked multiple times and had no answer)

The user hadn't asked multiple times and got no answer. This was TAaustin's first post about SkinGen. His other posts were from two years ago on an unrelated issue.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

anandadivine108
anandadivine108
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Is there any ETA for when 3.3 will be released? We're almost at the end of July.
MilesV
MilesV
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
This was answered earlier today on the new base mesh thread with "Very Soon!". So, it seems that the plan is still to release within the next 11 days, but they're probably in the final crunch and won't be giving us a set date. I'm sure on top of fixing bugs and polishing at this point they're also trying to finalize documentation, marketing materials, and ad copy. I think we're all getting a little anxious and hoping this doesn't get pushed back past July. No matter when it comes out, it'll be fun to dive into the new tools and see what is possible.

anandadivine108 (7/20/2020)
Is there any ETA for when 3.3 will be released? We're almost at the end of July.

Edited
4 Years Ago by miles.vonschriltz
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

anandadivine108 (7/20/2020)

There's actually 10 days left in July BUT the 3.3 release is very, very close now. Wink

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic