Profile Picture

Character Creator won't load

Posted By knaylorgames 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
knaylorgames
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hey guys,

I've just downloaded the trial of Character Creator 3 but the process terminates after several seconds with no visible errors. All I see is a splash screen asking me to wait and then the process ends. This seems to be a relatively common error as I've found similar threads on this forum from the last few years regarding issues with NVIDIA drivers.

I've ensured I have the newest NVIDIA drivers, swiched to 'Studio' mode, deleted all Reallusion applications re-installed, restarted my machine, however the issue remains. Additionally, I don't know if it's because there's an issue, but the Open button for CC3 is grey, as opposed to the blue of the other apps' 'Try' buttons

If that wasn't frustrating enough, I've followed the link in this thread https://forum.reallusion.com/435307/CC3-Not-Launching - to contact support, however after filling out some account details I was left with a blank page. Attempting to reload the page, and re-enter the details gave me the following error: https://imgur.com/a/Qt7D2VD.

I'm running Windows 10 (64-bit), i7 core-8700; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060; 6.14 GB video memory.

Thank you for any help.

CC3
Edited
4 Years Ago by knaylorgames
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 13 hours ago
Hi...

Are you using a computer which has switchable graphics (Both Intel and Nvidia). Many laptops for example have that kind of configuration.

If so, please ensure you are selecting the Nvidia graphics card for use with Character Creator 3. You shouldn't use the integrated Intel graphics.

Sometimes you can simply right click the CC3 desktop icon and choose "Run with Graphics Processor" and then select the Nvidia card. However, do also check out the link below. This contains instructions on how to set the right graphics card option if you do have switchable graphics.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic212526-386-1.aspx

For the contacting Support issue, please try a different browser. Most users find Edge or Chrome have no problems.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

knaylorgames
knaylorgames
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)New Member (77 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (5/19/2020)

Are you using a computer which has switchable graphics (Both Intel and Nvidia).

No but thank you for the reply, I'm using a desktop with a NVIDIA card - I can only switch between two drivers, 'Game Ready' and 'Studio'. Both are up to date with their drivers released last month.

Should I try and contact support in a different browser or is there anything I can try today?

Reading This Topic