Profile Picture

file size of a 30 second anim

Posted By rcmedia 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rcmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I am at the point in a problem where I can't save a project file.  This project file is only 30 seconds long and after multiple attempts to save it, I got curious and looked at the file and this puppy is 1.8 GB in size.  For 30 seconds?   Is this normal?   I have 28GB of ram and a fairly good graphics card, and trying to save this file back out of CT8 after mods, is absolutely impossible.  It chokes, locks and crashes the software

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
A 30 second video shouldn't be 1.8Gb if you use a compressed format such as MP4. It sounds as though you are using an uncompressed format and/or a very high resolution.

Please tell us if you are using the Windows or Mac versions and also let us know what export format and resolution you are using. Thanks.

Also do let us know your system specifications including graphics card as this will affect performance.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rcmedia
rcmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)Junior Member (187 reputation)

This was completely generated by CT itself from a puppet I had built.   BUT I kept saving back to the same file, revision after revision, as I do with ALL of my project files (from other programs).  I was told by the tech support folks that this is what built up this project file, which doesn't make any sense to me...   why would a project file be accumulative?    Anyway I found out that CT is not supported anymore with bug fixes or further dev, which I didn't know upon purchasing it, so NOW I have to decide which software to replace this with... the Pipeline version of CT (which isn't being developed anymore) or one of the newer titles.    BUT I  don't have the time to get into full body / cartoon stuff (As a past Lightwave 3D user, I know how time consuming that can be) and so I'm only needing head animation.

Suggestions appreciated ;-)    And therefore, whatever happened to generate such a ridiculous project file is hopefully in my past. 

Thanks for the response.    And greetings from Kentucky

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for explaining more.

I misunderstood your original post and thought you meant the exported video was 1.8GB. Crazy

If it is the project size that is 1.8GB then that is unusually large. If you look at the sample projects supplied with CrazyTalk you will see almost all of them are under 50MB.

I would advise when working on a project to save each time as a separate project file. This way should you encounter an issue you can drop back to a previous version of that project. Also while CrazyTalk 8 allows projects up to 15 minutes long, you will find you get best performance with projects under 2 to 3 minutes.

I also wouldn't worry that CrazyTalk 8 is not receiving any further updates. I use the Windows version all the time and it is a very stable product for me. It also is very easy to use so you can produce final projects in one sitting rather than days that would be required in more complex software.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rcmedia
rcmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for further explanation.  I received a refund with intention of upgrading but I'm as of yet unclear as to what I'm needing.  I THOUGHT I had needed CT8 Pipeline but I see that's not the case.      I am needing two things only.

I need to create and animate ONLY heads.

I need to be able to create custom hair and accessories.

I see the CC3 and Headshot will allow me to produce heads, but what do I need to animate JUST a head?   Do I need to purchase iClone to animate just a head?  CT8 would do fine, IF I could create custom hair and save out heads (for optional resale).   Somewhere I read that CC3 can animate directly, but then another page suggests we need iclone for that.

confusing

Thanks for clarification

Reading This Topic