Profile Picture

Why Does Hand and Body Mocap Not Supporting Mac OS?

Posted By Ola(RL) 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
toonmanbill
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
dvnmedia (6/11/2020)
Could I suggest Reallusion look at its licence agreement, instead of buying a Mac or Windows version of CT4 a single licence could allow you to use either version. This would help as some people, like me, have access to an older windows laptop as well as my iMac and could therefore install on both machines. I would only be permitted to use one copy at a time, similar to the current arrangements, only on different OS's. I could then use the Windows version to do all the Motion Capture and still use the MacOS to create my animations. This would benefit both sides as Reallusion would get the extra revenue from the purchase of the plugins and Mac uses could use the Mocap plugins without purchasing another CTA4 licence, making everyone happy.

Good suggestion.
But better yet, have it available for the MAC as well for those of us that don't have a windows computer.  It's not fair that we get to pay the same price for the software as the windows users, but we don't get the full capabilities or options.  Please bring the MAC version soon.  Thank you!

scribbley3rd
scribbley3rd
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)Junior Member (197 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
100 percent agree but there's no budging the team on supporting leap motion users who have a mac and a windows machine and prefer the mac machine for most of the tasks.  You may (if you ask nicely) change your license to PC but this isn't a solution for many.  

The license should be cross platform on a single machine if there are going to be such huge differences in versions.  I get that a lot of things don't support mac but leap motion isn't one of them, not totally.  Lets hope Reallusion and Ultra leap work together on mac support and get mac support in the near future.  

Really disappointed that there's no compromise on licenses but here we are.  I think that's a really poor attitude and I'm sure is financially based which is a shame (unfortunately sales teams rarely understand customer service or customer satisfaction, only forecasting and erm sales / profit (which is of course their job)  Sad ) .  It should be very clear that the Mac user is going to get an inferior product to that of the PC version.  Will have to check the marketing to make sure this is happening and they are fulfilling their legal obligations. Smile 

Here's hoping there is a change of heart or a clever dev works some magic on the leap.  I'm hopeful the day will come.  Until then my leap will be back to gathering dust.  Fingers are crossed... 
ramses47
ramses47
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)Veteran Member (677 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Quelle webcam à tu?
Ô moi
C'est la marque LOGITECH c270 hd. 720 pixel X 30 images PS...
J'hésite à acheter le logiciel d'animation
boxels
boxels
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Any Mac support yet? 
e.lokhorst
e.lokhorst
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
What about the ROKOKO? The Rokoko Studio is also available as a mac version.
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
e.lokhorst (12/21/2020)
What about the ROKOKO? The Rokoko Studio is also available as a mac version.

ROKOKO is supported. See here: https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost466264.aspx.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

maskedsonic
maskedsonic
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)New Member (36 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
but the Rokoko Profile is a windows only.  why?

DoronT770
DoronT770
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)Senior Member (447 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
still no support for Macs?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
iClone has always been a Windows only program.  Unlikely to ever change.  If you want Mac support you'll need to look for other 3D software (there's not much for the Mac but I think there are still a few things).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic