Moving Animated Props to Unreal

Posted By Power Ten Productions 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Power Ten Productions
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Apologies if I missed this since I couldn't find it anywhere and I know it is something being addressed in the next release, but in the meantime how would I love a prop to Unreal? Or is there a backwards way to do this for the time being? I have a skateboard I want the character riding, they stay on it the whole time for the entire shot. How would I make this animation in iClone and move it all to Unreal to add to the final scene?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Attach the skateboard to the character. Anything attached to the character will transfer in the current version.
Power Ten Productions
Power Ten Productions
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Rampa, would you do that as an accessory? And do I need to do this in Character Creator or can I do it in iClone?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Right in iClone. An accessory is really just a sub-prop of a character. Attaching a prop to a character makes it an accessory.

Right-click on the skateboard and select "Attach/Attach" from the pop-up menu.
Click on the character's body part you want it attached to. I would think a foot might be good.

An accessory will stay attached to the character when you send it to CC3 Pipeline for export.
Power Ten Productions
Power Ten Productions
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

This worked but even better then the original animation I had done. Thank you! Its' fun when a workaround is actually better then the initial idea.
unit23
unit23
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Power Ten Productions (5/8/2020)
Apologies if I missed this since I couldn't find it anywhere and I know it is something being addressed in the next release, but in the meantime how would I love a prop to Unreal? Or is there a backwards way to do this for the time being? I have a skateboard I want the character riding, they stay on it the whole time for the entire shot. How would I make this animation in iClone and move it all to Unreal to add to the final scene?

Hi, you can also export/import content via 3DExchange, this may be useful for non standard characters or even props.

A collection of related tutorials https://www.youtube.com/user/Reallusion/search?query=3dexchange+ 

Workflow examples: 

Edited
4 Years Ago by unit23
alemar
alemar
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
yes is true, when you attach a prop to character you can import in unreal, and work very well in unreal editor, but, when you record the scene, the animations in props don't record... at least I had a big problem with that and can't find a solution about that... I can't see in unreal editor a way to say to engine for prop don't use blueprint and use you own animation... any trick Rampa??? also I can enabel soft cloth in Unreal model section, but don't know how to turn on in editor...

ALEMAR GAMES MARKETPLACE STORE

Power Ten Productions
Power Ten Productions
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So I animated the skateboards in iClone and moved everything via Unreal Live link and it worked great. Via IClone you are able also to animate the prop separately from the main character. For example I attached the skateboard to the foot, when the foot would turn the skateboard would to. However, when I clicked on just the skateboard I could rotate the skateboard back to being straight so that the foot looked like it moved independently. 

Reading This Topic