Profile Picture

Hello from Warwick

Posted By Hayzie 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Hayzie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Looking forward to getting a bit off time to play with this...like a lot of others I have been using CA4 and AE together for a while so it will be great to have them work together.
Haven't had a chance to use the plugin yet but here is a video I did that has a lot of CA4 and a lot off AE Smile
KanoEder
KanoEder
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hayzie (5/8/2020)
Looking forward to getting a bit off time to play with this...like a lot of others I have been using CA4 and AE together for a while so it will be great to have them work together.
Haven't had a chance to use the plugin yet but here is a video I did that has a lot of CA4 and a lot off AE Smile

Hi Hayzie,

Could you share your After Effect workflow between CTA and AE?

Hayzie
Hayzie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)Junior Member (210 reputation)

Sure. After playing with the CA-AE plugin I can see it's going to be a big time saver.
My workflow was pretty much the manual process of what the plugin is going. I'd export out all the layers and reimport into AE. Then I could do any little post effects I wanted ie. blurring the background or colour grade.
I haven't tried moving the audio from CA to AE with the plugin yet but if that comes across that will help too. Doing it manually meant I had to slide the audio until it was in sync.

KanoEder
KanoEder
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)Junior Member (140 reputation)

Hayzie (5/15/2020)
Sure. After playing with the CA-AE plugin I can see it's going to be a big time saver.
My workflow was pretty much the manual process of what the plugin is going. I'd export out all the layers and reimport into AE. Then I could do any little post effects I wanted ie. blurring the background or colour grade.
I haven't tried moving the audio from CA to AE with the plugin yet but if that comes across that will help too. Doing it manually meant I had to slide the audio until it was in sync.

Thank you for your testing, I am glad to hear AE plugin can help your workflow.
I have another question, do you need a feature of updating between CTA and AE so that you can replace an character and keep motion in CTA then exporting to AE to do post render?
Hayzie
Hayzie
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

If I understand right... yes that would be great.
Do you mean....if I have a male character dancing and I export the project to AE and do post....then decide to change that character to a female. So I go back to CA, change the character and re-export the project to AE and use the Update feature on the plugin?
FYI, last I tried I could actually update the AE project using the Update feature after re-exporting changes from CA.
KanoEder
KanoEder
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hayzie (5/20/2020)
If I understand right... yes that would be great.
Do you mean....if I have a male character dancing and I export the project to AE and do post....then decide to change that character to a female. So I go back to CA, change the character and re-export the project to AE and use the Update feature on the plugin?
FYI, last I tried I could actually update the AE project using the Update feature after re-exporting changes from CA.

Yes, you are right.
Because we will continue release new beta version of updating features for beta testing, I would like to hear you thought.

Reading This Topic