Daz genitalia?

Posted By Makumba666 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Makumba666
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi all,
For my project I would like to have some model with genitalia (female). Default  iclone model seems terrible that wise as well as default daz model - they simply do not have such parts. So I have to use custom genitalia instead. I would like to import model into iclone and animate there as I really hate motionbuilder, but problem is I can not import genital part. In Daz, genitalia is separate part and when I attach it to the model it hides part of it - so not character creator nor 3dxchange see it as daz model. Of course I know how to unhide mesh and did it having in mind hiding it inside character creator. But unfortunately this is impossible for 2 reasons:
1. character creator changes skin color and genitalia color does not match rest of body anymore. I have no idea why CC does it, but when you import model body skin color and accessory skin color do not match, though they were same in daz.
2. CC uses own body mesh which as you may expect does not match daz figure. The same time, model of genitalia imported as accessory (or clothing) does not change in any way - that means genitalia vertices do not match body vertices anymore and you can not just hide part of body and use genitalia instead.
While retexturing entire model after exporting from cc is still possible, difference between body and genitalia vertice positions make it impossible.
Of course there is possibility to import model into 3dxchange and then hide part of body using some alpha texture, but it is terrible way. First, making such alpha would take ages. And what is most important 3dxchange does not import PBR materials from Daz - that means it is easier to take model straigth into U4 and animate... inside daz Studio itself - as damn terrible as it is.
Anybody sees any way to get damn thing inside CC? 
Edited
4 Years Ago by Makumba666
anto9216
anto9216
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)

As far as I know, there is no decent workflow for this.
You can technically import the genitals even with morphs, but best case scenario, cc will recognize them as clothes or accessories.
The textures will be completely different from the body and there will be weird deformations whenever you try to pose it.
I bought both pipeline versions  of cc3 and iclone because it looked like the best way to get and animate daz characters inside unity, and got very disappointed with this...
There are several other users that have asked about this in the forum, but the answer is always similar, you can't or if you can it will be back to the issues mentioned before.
I think Reallusion should provide support at least for the official daz anatomical elements, but they have already stated that it won't happen.
There are a couple of base characters for cc3 that have anatomical elements, made by bigboss but their quality doesn't compare to what you get from daz,
and with the new digital human shaders, the genitalia looks broken also on those.
So yeah, tldr this topic is a big mess... but if by any chance you find the magical way to make them work, please share it BigGrin

Also I believe the root of the problem is that when you import a daz character into cc3 the UVs are changed, and the shaders are applied based on that, and that's why the genitals will never be interpreted
as part of the body unless Reallusion decides to give official support.... I wonder if it could be done with a plugin with the python api for iclone though... 
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
can you use 3Dxchange instead?
I am an iClone 6 user so I of course just import the DAZ mesh and retarget it.
The bits work fine and have bones you can add to extend bone and add spring to.
everything jiggles and flops with a πŸ’ƒ dance

anto9216
anto9216
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)New Member (43 reputation)

If I recall correctly 3dxchange has trouble importing morphs for the genitals, and of course you lose all the cc3 benefits, such as the digital human shaders,
 posibility to add clothing or accessories, export to unity/unreal (which I think was the case discussed in the first post), polygon reduction. LODs, etc

I personallly tried using 3dxchange but wasn't able to get a decent result out of it, maybe I did something wrong.

Edited
4 Years Ago by anto9216
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
LOL I guess it depends what sort of movies you are rendering.
I don't do those sorts of movies even though I have no issues with nudity so a bit of dangle all I need
third person player animation Blueprint can even add a spring too

Edited
4 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
3dtester
3dtester
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
For the texture matching, i think the key is to bake-in the original DAZ character skin when transforming into CC3.
Also, i have an opacity map for one of the asset's materials (hip skin), which makes the transition smooth.
I have successfully done this with a Genesis 2 male and the appropriate DAZ asset.
As i said, the key was to keep the original DAZ skin so it matches the 'asset'. And using a opacity map for the hips.

Edited
4 Years Ago by 3dtester
anto9216
anto9216
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hmmm I never tried the opacity map approach, that might help, so I'll give it a try. Still, as far I know,
the genitals will still be treated as an accessory or cloth, so applying the digital human shader won't be possible.
3dtester
3dtester
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Yes, i have it as clothing item, including the morphs.
I don't think the DH shader is really necessary there.

Makumba666
Makumba666
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

We made decision - we are going use motionbuilder instead. UE has great  built in LOD builder. Better we rent mocap studio for some days than pay tens of thousands for thing that can not even show normal human breast. Maybe later they add ability to have high poly characters in CC - for now it is unacceptable. I will check back in one year I think.
Thanks everybody. 
Edited
4 Years Ago by Makumba666
tvwk2013
tvwk2013
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hello, I am very new to CC and I think that people here may help me, I am looking for the character, female, with body with realistic genitalia that has morphs, as I understand Reallusion do not allow to sell it on its marketplace, but may be I can buy it on the other store and then import then to CC or somebody can make me a custom work? I was trying for 3 weeks to make nice genitals, but unfortunately my skills in ZBrush or blender are not enough. I really need solution for body with realistic genitalia that has morphs. I was trying to import it from DAZ, but when I add it into the character and then convert to Unity they are not working properly or even break the character. For sure people here with huge skills will suggest me something. Thank you

Reading This Topic