Profile Picture

CC3 and Daz T-Pose

Posted By TNFireWalker 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TNFireWalker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi, I am looking at importing a Daz avatar into CC3. I have searched MANY videos. I found that I am suppose to have in my CC3 a DazResource file. I don't find it. 
I have CC3 v3.22 Pipeline and iClone 7 v7.73. 
1-What are the steps I need to take to 'import' a Daz avatar into CC3? (there are many videos and they all say different things, like I need 3Dxhange possibly?)
2-Can I take my 3d Daz avatar and directly put into iClone 7 if I want to animate it and lip sync or does it have to go to CC3 first?

Thank you in advance.

CC3
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
The easiest way is to export from Daz an FBX of your character following certain settings (like -- don't embed the textures, use 2012, etc -- almost any videos showing CC3 pipeline will show what you need do).

Then in CC3 press the Transformer button, use Advanced (ALWAYS use advanced) and if you have a textured character (as opposed to just the clothing you want the skin textures) press the Bake Textures box and choose your resolution.  And that's about it.  It will come into CC3 and you can then send it directly to iClone.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TNFireWalker
TNFireWalker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)Senior Member (308 reputation)

First, thank you for your quick response. 
1-So I just need to create the Daz avatar, download in FBX format
2-Use Transform button, work the magic as you suggest.
3-Do what, if anything in CC3 than I want to do to the character
4-Then send directly to iClone and animate it and make it talk? 
Am I about right? I sure hope so ...you made it sound so easy...Whew, thanks a LOT! 

??*What if the avatar is a 'full body cartoon character', but I don't have the Cartoon Character Designer? That should not matter as I would import a whole full body character, correct? 
Thank you again for sharing your knowledge

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
The actual details is that Transformer remaps the Daz Genesis figure (it has to be based on the Gen figure, no matter what version of Gen it is) into the CC3 format.  So it could look like a monster, a cartoon, an old man, whatever, it's verts are pushed around so they conform to the CC3 one.  Then the textures are also remapped.  It will look as close to the Daz Gen figure as possible (there are some compromises made along the way but by and large it's a very convincing remapping).

Try it once - if you have any problems let us know EXACTLY the Daz figure/clothing/accessories you are trying and we can help you specifically (there are few "gotchas" along the way, but most everything just works).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TNFireWalker
TNFireWalker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you again....I will ...work in progress.
Much appreciated.

Reading This Topic