Viseme slightly out of sync in rendered iClone video

Posted By forestkelley 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
forestkelley
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)Veteran Member (958 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I rendered a video of my iClone project and I believe the video (and viseme) are slightly out of sync with the audio in the rendered .mp4 file. Has anyone had a similar issue?

The audio and video look in sync when I play the exported .mp4 file on my Windows machine but not when I play it in Quick Time or Adobe Premiere on my Mac. Unless I'm imagining things, it seems like the video falls very slightly behind the audio as the time goes on. It doesn't look terrible, it's just not as tight as it looks in iClone. I'm wondering if others have had a similar issue and if there are any solutions? 

I rendered my .mp4 at 30 fps 1920x1080 with the Compressor Qualities at maximum (which is default). All other settings were on default. My Premiere project was set up with the same settings: 1920x1080 at 30 fps. I'm using iClone V 7.73. I'm using the "Realtime" Time Mode setting. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

UPDATE: 

I am able to fix the issue in Adobe Premiere by delaying the audio about 1/3 of a second. 

I attempted to render/export from iClone in other ways (mov, mp4, 30fps, 60fps, etc.) but couldn't get any of these exports to play in sync on my Mac. Interestingly, when I export as a MOV file, my Mac struggles to play it. I found a tutorial by a gamer who had a similar issue when screen-recording on a PC. He managed to solve it by renaming the extension on his MP4 file as .mov. I wonder if the iClone MOV would play in sync if it wasn't suffering from the more immediate issue of it not playing all the way through in the first place. 

Nevertheless, the manual delay in Premiere works for now. I'd be very curious to know why the videos are falling out of sync on my Mac, though.  

Edited
4 Years Ago by forestkelley

Reading This Topic