Profile Picture

Reproduce EXACT idle Motion between two projects

Posted By jmatthew 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jmatthew
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)Junior Member (198 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am wanting to create two animations of different characters with the EXACT same idle motion but when you apply the same idle motion on different projects the results don't match. I'm not sure if the idle motions create random behaviors or if they are a loop which just starts at random points. Any help would be appreciated. Using CrazyTalk 8 Pro on a Mac. Basically I want two movies where the characters blink, move their heads, change expressions, etc. at the exact same points in the movie. Other ideas?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

If you want the animation to play exactly the same in two different projects, just make sure that the motion clip is starting at exactly the same frame number on the Timeline. So for example, if you set the same motion clip to start at say frame 10 in both projects the animation will be exactly the same in both projects. If they start at different frame numbers then the results will be different.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

kenmatthews
kenmatthews
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello, on the same subject of timeline (I know little about how to use the timeline), can I use the timeline to stop a preset motion at an exact time? I'm trying to make the motions look as natural as possible... Also, could I save that motion to the project (or the motion folder) under a different name. Thank you in anticipation.
Best regards.
Ken

The more I learn, the more I realise, I know nothing!

Reading This Topic