Profile Picture

3dxchange Issues with exporting using the 'visible only' and 'visible selected' options. Both these...

Posted By fabialonso141 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

3dxchange Issues with exporting using the 'visible only' and 'visible...

Author
fabialonso141
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi,

Issues with exporting using the 'visible only' and 'visible selected' options. Both these options don't work. I've tried reopening the file and doing the same things to the file but it still doesn't work. I've also tried exporting it as an fbx but the 'visible only' and 'visible selected options' are greyed out on there as well and it doesn't work when I click on them either, please help.

Thanks in advance

Fab
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The available select or visible export options will depend on what you are trying to export and the export format chosen.

So for example, if you have a clothed character and you want to export just the characters shirt, you should choose OBJ as the export option. This will allow you to export just the selected shirt. If you choose FBX you won't have the option to export "select" or "visible".

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

fabsthemarioking
fabsthemarioking
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)

I also have the same issue for exporting to iclone.

So you're saying if it's a scene of multiple objects I can't export only some to fbx it has to be obj.

So why does export option for both 'visible only' and 'selected only' are greyed out when wanting to select them for iclone
fabsthemarioking
fabsthemarioking
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)

I also have the same issue for exporting to iclone.

So you're saying if it's a scene of multiple objects I can't export only some to fbx it has to be obj.

So why does export option for both 'visible only' and 'selected only' are greyed out when wanting to select them for iclone
fabialonso141
fabialonso141
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)Senior Member (339 reputation)

Hi Peter, I sent you a pm I didn't get a repsonse on here, it'd be great if you can see the message, thanks
R Ham
R Ham
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Well, I didn't find the answer, but at least I found the question.

"Less clicks good, more clicks bad."

Reading This Topic