Faceware help upgrading hard drive

Posted By theschemer 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
theschemer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I need to replace my SSD with a 2 TB and was wondering if the Faceware plugin will transfer without issues or if I have to do anything special to make that work?
Thanks,
TS
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I'm actually in the same situation, wanting to upgrade my system SSD. 

About a year ago I had an hard drive crash and at that time I emailed support@faceware.com explaining the situation. They then sent me a new "ticket".

What I don't know is if the license transfers when you clone a drive (which I suppose you will do). If not, it would be a matter of transferring a license to a new computer. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Thanks. I will send them an email and see what they say. Actually, I am upgrading all of hard drives as they are all in the red. I just keep on filling them up! BigGrin
TS
animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
theschemer (4/14/2020)
Thanks. I will send them an email and see what they say. Actually, I am upgrading all of hard drives as they are all in the red. I just keep on filling them up! BigGrin
TS

Did you ever hear back from them?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

argus1000
argus1000
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
I had the same problem. I contacted faceware and they responded quickly. I don't know why their procedure is so complicated. But my problem was I used firefox  and I had to use chrome.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Power Ten Productions
Power Ten Productions
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Did this without thinking twice and in the process of getting this re setup. We've had 4 emails back and forth and will update when it all goes through. They just needed to Reallusion license to validate purchase.
Power Ten Productions
Power Ten Productions
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
So just got this registered. Had to do Faceware's weird activation that is outlined here: https://facewaretech.odoo.com/license-activation . With five back and forth emails over a week it looks like it's back to working so I recommend anyone who reads this thread reach out to their support. support@facewaretech.odoo.com Make sure to have your iClone license for the purchase accessible and send that over with your initial request to save an email of back and forth.
Edited
4 Years Ago by Power Ten Productions
new-own
new-own
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

I was so close to purchase FW even though I already have Motion Live for iPhone X. I didn’t like the results with the iphone x and most of my mocap recordings are not smooth and skipping frames = data loss.
I was thinking to upgrade my current PC by October this year but now that I see it’s a hassle to transfer FW license from my old pc to my new pc... I’m not quite sure...
Edited
4 Years Ago by new-own

Reading This Topic