Profile Picture

Character Creator 3.22 Not Loading

Posted By peachboy 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
peachboy
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
So I updated to CC 3.22 and it no longer loads. Now I see that other people have the same problem and it is a known issue.

It doesn't seem to be a Nvidia issue as the Event Viewer is specifically calling out a faulty module path at \Bin64\CharacterCreator.exe with an exception code of 0xc0000005.

Anyone got this working? Failing that, does anyone know how to simply and urgently roll back to CC 2.0.... Also are refunds available on CC3?

Thanks.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
There isn't a known issue that causes this. For most people updating to 3.22 caused no problems whatsoever.

When this issue has occurred, it is most commonly due to outdated graphics drivers, outdated system updates or an unsupported or very low spec graphic card.

There are several things you can try.

1. Update your graphics drivers.
2. Run Windows Update and make sure your system is fully updated.
3. Uninstall Character Creator 3 and then reinstall the latest full version of 3.22

If you then still have problems, please share with us your system specifications including graphics card. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

peachboy
peachboy
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)New Member (74 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks. I finally got it working.

What I did was to uninstall CC 3 including the Pipeline add-on and the Smart Gallery plugin..... and then I deleted the CC folder direct from the disk too. 

Then I Installed everything again incrementally starting with CC 3.22, then the Pipeline Add-on and then finally Smart Gallery.

Works fine now. Thanks.
Mikay²
Mikay²
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I have the same issue. I don't know what changed since the last time I opened it.
I'll try to reinstall everything
Mikay²
Mikay²
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
OK, when I installed character creator was told that I exceeded the amount of licenses. How can this be when I have only a PC and a notebook? 
I had to deactivate a license so that I was able to use it again.

karacarson929
karacarson929
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm having the same issues how did you delete the CC folder direct from the disk?
MattVG
MattVG
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)Senior Member (298 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I just migrated to a new computer, installed Character Creator 3.2 and pointed the custom and template paths to my external drives. I opened it no problem, though none of my content showed up. Then I pointed the temp/cache path to an SSD I use for temp folders and closed the program to figure out why my content isn't showing. When I tried to open the program again it crashed immediately and gave the same error everyone else is seeing. I've tried wiping it from my system and reinstalling multiple times to no avail.
I suspect it's because of the temp folder, but I can't change it and it's still creating the temp folder on the SSD I specified even though I've uninstalled and deleted everything I could find.
Is there a way to edit a config file somewhere to reset it to defaults? Any help would be appreciated.
I'm runnning Windows 8.1, GTX 1080, 64 GB RAM, latest drivers.

EDIT
OK. I fixed it. It was indeed my temp folder location for some reason. I used RegEdit to change the temp registry entry to my user documents folder and now CC3 opens. Very odd.

www.MattVG-Art.com
Edited
4 Years Ago by MattVG

Reading This Topic