Profile Picture

Head Creation issue

Posted By Timbalero 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Timbalero
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi,
this is driving me crazy!!!
I seen about 4 tutorials on this subject but the one that  is exactly what I want to achieve is located at 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTn-yLIdLR4
I know it's CTA 2 but I can't work out what I'm doing wrong 
At the 15 minute mark of the tutorial the head image is shown as rotating from the centre and the the pivot point is then dragged down and then the bone is also dragged down so as the head rotates properly
In Animator 4 I can move the pivot point but not the bone

The green pivot point is the one I've moved but the head still rotates from the centre and I can't move the head bone either.
Can someone please let me know how to edit and move the bone
regards

Mark

Attachments
HeadProblem.jpg (12 views, 22.00 KB)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi...

When creating a new morph based head on an existing character, do make sure you have the Head bone selected as shown below in blue. Then you can choose FaceEditor > Create Head > Create Morph-Based Head from the Menu Bar and when the process is complete the new head should be correctly attached and will pivot correctly.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/272789ba-0011-4d00-84ab-1e35.png

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

vepop
vepop
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Try saving the Head.
Then delete the head that is still attached to the body in Composer Mode.
After that, select the head bone, doublie click the head that you have saved.
See if this will solve the problem.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9331d0a4-6a4b-4e86-9f88-963f.jpg
YouTube Tutorials Here
Timbalero
Timbalero
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)Junior Member (161 reputation)

Hi  Peter,
thank you for your reply
I will give that a try and see how I go..
Also I may have been dragging the head instead of double clicking - my thinking being the same as when you  bring a character into the scene - both options work.
regards
Mark
Timbalero
Timbalero
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi Vepop,
thank you for your reply...
The double click may be part of my problem...
Sometimes I think I've dragged the head instead of double clicking.
Will try your solution and see how I go

regards
Mark

Reading This Topic