Profile Picture

G3 Body angle template?

Posted By SaxonRix 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
SaxonRix
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi, I'm new to the software, I've come over from After Effects because while it does have some fantastic tools for creating character animations, it's held back by the fact that it's not outright designed to do that. So I'm currently trying to figure out CTA4 instead.

My main question is based on body turns/angles. It's my understanding that the G2 character was capable of up to 10 angle body turns, but the G3 character isn't capable of any. However, I can see that some of the G3 characters have multiple angles available for them as separate 'actors'. In regards to that, how would you use those different actor angles to create a 'turn' within a scene? Is there a tutorial for that?

Also, While I can see there are quite a few templates for different things, is there a body angle template anywhere?

Finally, I keep seeing reference to 'G4' characters, but I can't actually find any, is there actually a generation 4 character or are people confusing CTA4 with G4?

Thanks!
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, this is my testing, provide to you as a reference.
The angle templates are in the learning resource (CTA_G3_Pipeline_PSD_Ai_Template_Sample_Project), you can log in to your RL member account to download.
FAQ: https://kb.reallusion.com/General/50050/How-do-I-Register-MemberProduct-and-Download-Bonus-Content 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/459f778e-7319-48d8-89f8-75b4.png
Regarding "G4", this is talking about G3_360 character.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/57db4257-eeb0-4017-b398-0184.gif
gregam56
gregam56
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)Senior Member (353 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Would it be possible to have onion skinning on the main timeline to help with this kind of scenario? It could be a very useful feature for creating smoother animations. 

a

Reading This Topic