Profile Picture

Join mesh to textures in CC3

Posted By rino.deastis 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rino.deastis
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,
I take some important characters from deviantart in ascii.mesh. After more days of debugging i found a way to open them , i can have them a fantastic mesh of the character in OBJ and separate texture files, but if i load the obj the textures are not applied to the meshes. Any idea to "search and apply" the textures to the character? I was able to do it in the past with another modeler software that was able to ask the name of the testure for browse it in the hard disk but unfortunately it does not work on Windows 10, any idea for cc3?
all the best
Kind Regards
RIno
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Hi Rino

Character Creator 3 doesn't support import of custom characters. You can modify the CC3 base mesh in other 3D tools to create morphs and bring that back but you can't just import non-standard characters.

For non-standard characters like the one you have, you can use 3DXchange 7 Pro/Pipeline to import the character and then manually apply the textures. However, please remember that if your character is in OBJ format then it won't have a bone rig so will be just a static prop if you send it to iClone or any other 3D software. For a character to be animated it must have a bone rig setup first. 

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rino.deastis
rino.deastis
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)New Member (91 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank You Very Much
Rino

Reading This Topic