CC3 FBX export fail

Posted By michaelwharton1 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
michaelwharton1
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)New Member (92 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Starting with a CC3 character, I imported several .Obj   to dress him.  After getting everything in position, I transferred the weights to the geo.  Tested with multiple poses. I can load and reload the scene.   All seems fine.   when i  File>Export>FBX Clothed     (Maya, Motion and Mesh)    it gets to about the 75%, mark and dies.....  I get  "FBX export fail."     

another post mentioned that not all avatars are exportable.... maybe thats it, how do i know which are and arent?     I originally exported the same model into maya and created the outfit.... seems very odd
 to not work now.

anyone????

Edited
4 Years Ago by michaelwharton1
worldbuildersunite
worldbuildersunite
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have a similar problem. I paid quiet a lot for CC3 and various plugins and content. All with additional price for export.
And it hurts me to see that I can not import Fbx files from Character Creator into Maya 2020. After a certain percentage it just get stuck or crashes Maya. So what do I have to do in order to fix it?
.... because it really hurt me to say... oh noo, all those wasted hundreds of Dollars.

Edited
4 Years Ago by worldbuildersunite
doubblesixx
doubblesixx
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)Veteran Member (575 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi guys..

I had this "Export fail" yesterday in either CC3 or Iclone.. can't remember what i did though to fix it or what made it happen.. i think i changed either export type or maybe something in the export dialog.. If i get it again i can post about it
however exporting wen't fine the second try so it wasn't persistent.

If the OBJ is downloadable anywhere i could give it a go and see if it happens here.

@Worldbuildersunite: I have read something about Maya crasching on Import of FBX'es.. this support post is from 2018 so it might not be valid for the new version.. but i guess it wouldn't hurt to scoot over and check it out
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Maya-crashes-when-using-FBX-files.html

This is a silent signature

Edited
4 Years Ago by doubblesixx

Reading This Topic