Profile Picture

DAZ3D to CC3 = i never see my Normal Maps in CC3..!!!

Posted By lassinger 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lassinger
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi there,
I am slowly getting used to the workflow from DAZ3D to CC3.

When I import my DAZ3D character into CC3 (with Transformer), unfortunately only some maps arrive correctly.
My Normal Maps are completely missing!

Since CC3 regenerates all maps again (with a different distribution), you can't even reload the missing maps - nothing fits together anymore!
How do I get all my maps correctly from DAZ3D to CC3...? Does anyone know corresponding solutions, tips or tutorials?

Thank you very much...

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 25 minutes ago
Which Daz character?  And I assume you ARE using Advanced AND checkmarking baking the textures, right?

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
lassinger
lassinger
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)Junior Member (139 reputation)

hi there,
thanks for your reply...

first: your tutorials are very helpful, thanks for this...
the Character is "Cato" for Example, i need this Workflow for several Characters...

It would be somehow logical and obvious if all maps of the Daz character were processed correctly in CC3. Unfortunately this is not the case. also renaming the textures before importing them into CC3 did not help...

I would like to see all maps from Daz3D in CC3, so:
- diffuse
- specular
- roughness
- bump
- normal
and yes: i used Advanced AND checkmarked baking the textures

thanks for any help,
best, Lars
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 25 minutes ago
Lars,

Well, as I've described and demonstrated many times in my tutorials, the maps coming in through Transformer are only as good as the developer can name them.  Certain developers name them just fine, others create issues with how they name them.

But let's get a few things clear here first -- in CC3/iClone you can have EITHER a normals map or a bump map.  Not both -- one or the other has to be used.  So there's no reason to get both of them from Daz.  Most of the time you want the normals map, but if you DO want just the bump map you can easily get it by just deleting the normals map in Daz (simple to do).

Because CC3/iClone use PBR you do not need (nor can we use) a specular map.  PBR is based on roughness, metallic and diffuse maps emulating the right mapping.  So forget about the specular map.  You sometimes have what is called a "shinniness" map in Daz instead of a roughness map, and CC3 will correctly handle that by inverting and creating a roughness map.

Otherwise, Cato comes in to CC3 just fine, with Transformer finding the correct textures.  I had no other issues but if you are having some specific problems let me know and I'll see if I can track them down.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
lassinger
lassinger
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

mike,
thank you for your detailed feedback...

...so I'll settle for diffuse/bump/roughness.

i tried to load the bump-map into the displacement-slot by renaming my textures, so that the normal-map can be loaded in the bump-slot...
but that didn't work...

so thanks again for your help, i will have one or two questions in the near future - CC3 is new in my workflow...

Reading This Topic