My HeadShots and Tutorials Hans Jörgen

Posted By hj 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hj
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello
For almost 1 year I was very sick and in hospital for a long time. Now I am at home again for 3 months and can again deal with the new developments from Reallusion. It's good for me because at the same time I can train my brain again.
A lot has changed during this time. Only a few are still active in the German forum and some have also disappeared here, which were very active for a long time. I was away for a long time and would now like to participate more, also here in the English part of the forum.
Unfortunately, my tutorials are in German, most of which you can understand by looking at them. my english is not so good to use as examples. You can still answer in English. I still understand most of it.
I got the HeadShot plugin 3 months ago and I worked intensively on it. It is mostly used here and recommended by RL in order to get the most realistic faces possible for game consoles or films.
I was interested and still does, how you can create 3D heads from any 2D face templates. For this I have searched the Internet for a long time for useful templates. With the old masters it was difficult to find portraits that look directly at you. It is easier to find photos of and busts and 3D heads from ancient times.
In the case of sketches and drawings of faces and imaginations, it also happens that HeadShot does not recognize a face in the template. Unfortunately, you cannot set anything that could make recognition easier. You can only correct everything afterwards with the Head Morph System, but that takes practice and perseverance. It depends on what you want to achieve as a result.

Here in the forum I would like to share a little of my experience and also show my results.

Fehler gehören zum Leben.
Was zählt, ist, wie man auf Fehler reagiert
Niki Giovanni
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/1a2f83b8-b491-4e74-bf8b-6a98.jpg

hj
hj
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (28.5K reputation)

Hello
In my first video, I show what headshot does to a photo without changing or improving anything

Niki Giovanni

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Welcome back and sorry to hear you have been very sick. Thanks for sharing the headshots, I have only dabbled a little bit with it so far but I like the Headshot feature and plan to use it a lot. I found that I had to search for headshot photos to get a somewhat decent result but I really don't want to use those in film for copyright reasons. The attached photo was a photo from Unsplash, so that one can be freely used in projects. I think it turned out decent but I would like to hear feedback from the community. This was mostly a test to see how the skin would turn out and the shape of the head. To use it I would need to spend much more time matching the eyes, etc.

Where in Germany are you from? I don't speak the language but lived there for 6 years while in the military. That was a long time ago but I enjoyed my stay.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f4e37776-715f-48e0-99fd-cbbb.png
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
From this photo.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e0d5c707-842d-4359-9334-ddd1.jpg
hj
hj
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello
In my 2nd video and tutorial I show how a photo of the bust of Nofotete is created using Headshot and the Head Morps System.
Unfortunately, no pictures can be "drag and drop" into my version of Charchter Creators 3.22, which would have made things a lot easier.

Niki Giovanni

Edited
4 Years Ago by hj
hj
hj
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello Dan
I live in Bochum
Thank you for your inquiry, but maybe you ask your question here
https://forum.reallusion.com/427329/Headshot-Gallery-Show-us-what-you-got?PageIndex=16
then you can have other determined respond.
You can see the result best be compared, if you put one above the other, both images and then doing upper translucent.
Then you see how contours match. The question of the texture I can not answer so well because it depends on what you want to achieve.

best
Hans Jörgen

Niki Giovanni

hj
hj
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello
even if there is no great interest more headshot, will ch meibe experience further you miitteilen.
stuck, I'm here at this bust

And I have the head separated from the body and Zbrush also traced the bust. This was a little fumbling, is not perfect, but shows the direction how to do it.

Then I puzzled about how to insert an image via "plug and play" in the CC3. With the left mouse button is nothing there. After much tasting I found out that it comes only with  the Windosexplorer.

That cost me some time, but the tutorial to be in the making.

Niki Giovanni

Edited
4 Years Ago by hj
hj
hj
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello

my next Video:  Modelling with Pro Mode in Headshot

have fun
best
Hans Jörgen

Niki Giovanni

hj
hj
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello everyone

It continues step by step

It was all much more complex and extensive than I thought. Design a 3D blue Bdda from a 2D painting and do it step by step to get as close as possible to the template.
It can be done even better, but now I had enough to correct it. Each click costs a hell of a lot of time and doesn't always bring what you want. Then looking through the slides again costs a hell of a lot of time.

In the video I show the adjustment of the mouth, nose, eyes, face and head as best I could in time and with these tools.

Maybe one or the other can write something about it.

best regards
Hans Jörgen

Auto Mode

Pro Mode

Niki Giovanni

rosuckmedia
rosuckmedia
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Hallo hj,
Thank you for your work and the effort you put in.Smile
Best regards rosuckmedia

Reading This Topic