Iclone7 IPhone to IPhone LiveFace Capture

Posted By abdul305brand 4 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Yeah, I would recommend connecting via ethernet (you'll need to get an adapter but you can get one for less than $40 from Amazon).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
AlbinosGambit

Hey Albin,
Yeah, the results from LIVE Face are not too bad. I've been thinking about how I can use it more moving forward.

The stairs are a difficult problem and it is good that you brought it up. I have already worked with several developers that thought they could solve it through scripting but ultimately they were unable to get it done. I will continue to look into it and see if I can find someone. I would like to have it where you use any stairs you want, drag the animation on the timeline, attach a script and done. Of course, I'm talking about Unity right now.

Private lessons sounds like a great idea. Any time you can find a mentor in an area you're trying to learn it's a big help.

How do you like The Animator's Survival Kit?

I will give you some feedback from the Master Classes when I take them. Recently my hours at work increased and I just moved this weekend so its been busy. And I'm thinking I might need to create a Fiverr gig or two so I can get some cash flowing into the company. My monthly expenses just increased by $400/month.
Dan
Edited
4 Years Ago by danmiller
AlbinosGambit
AlbinosGambit
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (886 reputation)Veteran Member (886 reputation)Veteran Member (886 reputation)Veteran Member (886 reputation)Veteran Member (886 reputation)Veteran Member (886 reputation)Veteran Member (886 reputation)Veteran Member (886 reputation)Veteran Member (886 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Dan.

Nice hearing from you again, I hope you are well:-)

So, if you say LIVE FACE for iPhone produces decent results, I believe you and I will be looking to find my self a cheap used iPhone X.

Thank you for saying so with the stairs problem, it seems I was not the only one to find this a bit challenging. I really think it's great you are looking to find a solution to this problem by approaching some developers creating a script. Let me know any news? In any case, as many other people have said, it's not that important, because in animation they usually don't show the feet anyway by just faking the animation, but still, I find it useful to learn anyway, because in some cases it could be important to show the feet. Like for example in a horror type scene.

Private lessons have been great so far, but the instructor is so busy with his own productions and also creating private classes, so I am not taking any classes right now but will attend his private paid classes in the near future.

Yes, keep me updated of your masterclasses, I am excited to hear what you learn from that!

The Animators Survival kit book has not arrived yet, but I am excited to open the book and start learning from the master of animation and try out the examples in practice with iClone.

Yes, there is always something happening in life right? For me as well, there's always something that distracts or makes things more difficult, but we have to stay focused and be patient, the results will come!

What kind of Fiverr Gig are you planning to do?

Take care my friend, all the best.

danmiller (4/27/2020)
AlbinosGambit

Hey Albin,
Yeah, the results from LIVE Face are not too bad. I've been thinking about how I can use it more moving forward.

The stairs are a difficult problem and it is good that you brought it up. I have already worked with several developers that thought they could solve it through scripting but ultimately they were unable to get it done. I will continue to look into it and see if I can find someone. I would like to have it where you use any stairs you want, drag the animation on the timeline, attach a script and done. Of course, I'm talking about Unity right now.

Private lessons sounds like a great idea. Any time you can find a mentor in an area you're trying to learn it's a big help.

How do you like The Animator's Survival Kit?

I will give you some feedback from the Master Classes when I take them. Recently my hours at work increased and I just moved this weekend so its been busy. And I'm thinking I might need to create a Fiverr gig or two so I can get some cash flowing into the company. My monthly expenses just increased by $400/month.
Dan

WIN 10, COOLERMASTER MASTERCASE 500H, MSI GAMING PRO CARBON X470 RGB, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X CPU, MSI GeForce GTX 1650 GAMING X - 4GB GDDR5 RAM GPU, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz 16GB RAM, SSD M.2 Corsair Force Series MP510 480 GB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 3.5 HDD 4 TB.

Best regards
Albin
(AlbinosGambit)
ultimativity
ultimativity
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for posting this. Glad I can use voice actors long distance!

Nathan

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

AlbinosGambit

Hey Albin,

All is well here, thanks   Smile And you?

Regarding the stairs, I learned that what I'm after is called procedural animation. The concept made sense in my mind but I didn't realize it had a name. The developer believes it would be very expensive to go down this path and is suggesting a cheaper alternative. This alternative would be a quick solution but not as accurate or believable as I would like. However, for the user, it would take about 2 minutes to set up and it would work on any staircase. I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet, waiting for him to give me a quote on the cost.

I agree with you because a lot of times it is not necessary to show the feet. That is a big plus for film, the viewer can only see what we put in the frame. So it probably isn't necessary for me to do all this with the stairs but I'm very interested to see what scripting can offer with various projects. And who knows, maybe what started out as a linear film project might be re-purposed into a VR project or a game.

It seems like private paid classes are the way to go for content creators. After listening to many podcasts about blogging, I'm wondering if blogging is a good use of my time. Or better just focus on creating online courses. I'm a little on the fence with a good strategy to monetize along the way. Of course, filmmaking is the ultimate goal but, as you know, feature films are big projects and require lots of time and money.

As for the Fiverr Gig I just created a really small, and easy gig. It is setting people up with a Joomla website and extensions. Something most people can probably do themselves but since I have a developer account anyway, I figured I might try it out. A little side hustle.
I'm interested to see what you learn from the Animators Survival Guide. That should be a lot of fun.

Edited
4 Years Ago by danmiller
Mentalman
Mentalman
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)

Is there a way to live stream Live Face on social media? 
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

If you could send a computer screen via social media (I don't broadcast -- used to do Twitch and it WOULD work with that) then, yes, you could certainly send Live Face out there (you'd need to minimize or adjust the iClone screen to fit whatever it is you're sending).  Perhaps if you told us what you had in mind we could be more specific.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Mentalman (5/9/2020)
Is there a way to live stream Live Face on social media? 

That's an interesting idea. I haven't tried it myself but I might have to explore this too. Or maybe a webinar with Live Face.

Mentalman
Mentalman
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)New Member (46 reputation)

I’m looking to Facebook live, tiktok live, or YouTube live with a character using the live face . I’d like to interact live with my fans as they ask questions etc. Or use face live like gamers, when the are playing a video game and can put a small picture of themselves playing and talking in the bottom corner of their screen. Really just replacing my face in a social media live or a moderated gaming session with a iclone character using the limit ion live face ware. That make sense?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, you can definitely stream YouTube live using the LiveStream with an Encoder (I'd recommend OBS, the one I used to capture my tutorials).

With that approach you can use multiple screens or just capture a certain portion of your single screen.  In that case you could set up iClone with the face capture going in a certain window, and just stream that particular window (I'm an old OLD man and the OBS software is a snap to use.  And free).

So that's my advice to start with.  Should be easy-peasy.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic