Profile Picture

A few questions from a new user

Posted By abierano 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
abierano
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)New Member (40 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hello,

I am going through the tutorials and learning to create projects, but ran into a few scenarios that I can't figure out:
1. When I add a character or prop and start adding animation, I can't move the prop or character to another position on the project without creating a new motion. I feel like there is something that I need to select or deselect to be able to move props without adding motions. I circled the motions in the screenshot below that I'm referring to.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/09222389-25ba-480f-a213-897a.png

2. When these motions from the screenshot ARE created, how do you delete them?

3. On different projects that I've been working on, at some point it doesn't allow me to use the right click action menu. I used this to add multiple actions for the character in the picture below and then midway through the project the menu stopped diplaying and only the "action menu editor" option came up.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/04611bb7-f9b6-4215-a795-9b03.png

Thank you for any assistance!
kylelee
kylelee
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Here is my testing, provide to you as a reference.
(1) I cannot reproduce your issue.
(2) You can open the timeline and expand the transform track, you will see the transform key, you just delete the key the point will be removed.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7f5374d2-854d-4969-9ac7-36bd.gif

(3) As I know, the CTA3's Ted does not have an Action menu, please make sure your actor. 
Or you can record a video then pass to Feedback Tracker for further investigation.

Edited
4 Years Ago by kylelee
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
abierano (3/30/2020)

1. When I add a character or prop and start adding animation, I can't move the prop or character to another position on the project without creating a new motion. I feel like there is something that I need to select or deselect to be able to move props without adding motions. I circled the motions in the screenshot below that I'm referring to.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/09222389-25ba-480f-a213-897a.png

Do make sure that you position all characters and props @ frame 1 on the timeline. If you move characters or props about other than at frame 1 you will be setting transform keys (the dots and green lines). The result of this will be that when you play the project the character or prop will transition from the initial position @ frame 1 to the new position.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic