Profile Picture

Fbx to Iclone clothing and shoes issues.

Posted By tbseo 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tbseo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm trying to import an fbx character to iclone. 
The character is already wearing a bikini and high heels but when I drag and drop into 3dexchange the bikini is too small and she pokes through alot. 

I can't figure out how to fix this. I also would like to seperate the clothing but "make sub prop"  is greyed out. I can't seperate it or even delete it. And I'd like to get rid of the high heels and put her feet on the floor. I think I at least remember seeing that in a tutorial somewhere but I'm still trying to find it. 

I was able to convert it to a non standard character and adjust the T pose using tutorials but the rest has me stumped. 

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
You're unlikely to be able to separate her -- as an obj there *might* be a chance, but your only hope now is to take her first into Blender or some such and see if you can remove her clothing and then import her.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
tbseo
tbseo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Thanks. That's what I'm finding.  I've exported her from Maya but the export options are turning my hair grey. 

I did a test (with the clothes) and I think I got her into 3dexchange from Maya. 

Ive been messing around with the expression editor and I'm noticing there's no morph to move the eyes.  I can set everything else though ( I think). 
Any idea what that's about?
I also noticed there are sliders for the bikini top and bottom and when I set them at 100 the clothes fit. 
tbseo
tbseo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I remapped the eyes (not really in my skillset) and now I can set them in the expression editor. But when I get the character in iclone and have her look at something her eyes go in the opposite direction.  
I think I dated this chick. Doze
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Yeah, it's tricky sometimes getting a non-standard character to work properly.  Unless they are a Genesis one (which 3DX recognizes and which now CC3/Transformer makes 3DX obsolete) you will nearly always have *some* issues.  My best luck is with either animals or robots, as then the eccentricities aren't so much a problem.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic