Custom content

Posted By blindman 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
blindman
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago
Theres no mention that I can see as to wether S.G works with custom content, can anyone confirm yes or no.
wires
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Custom content needs to be added by the user. View the Tutorial videos and have a read through the Online Manual to see how to add and manage your content.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
4 Years Ago by wires
blindman
blindman
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)Veteran Member (798 reputation)

Thanks for the links
It looks and feels a lot like Daz studios Smart content function. however unlike Daz's smart content "Smart gallery"  cannot be used offline,  with local content
Daz's smart content actually functions offline, either log out of your daz account or pull the plug on the internet connection and Daz runs with no complaints.  Pull the plug  with S.G installed in CC3 or Iclone and watch them whine "Busy server" . only then are offered an offline option. not the most user friendly or elegant way to work offline  if you press the refresh button it tells you to check your connection and log in. As of yet I have been unable to find an option to select offline working that actually allows offline working. The advise that " by  logging out of your account account in hub. will enable offline working is fatuous.  The only way this works is to start CC3 first then log out of hub. However if you close CC3 and  restart it S.G demands you to log back in upon starting CC3 to use S.G, You can turn off the plugin and CC3 starts fine but activating the plugin demands again  to login so "NO ! in practical terms  S.G.  WONT WORK IN OFFLINE MODE"

This isnt about a comparision between Daz and Reallusion it's about the claim that S.G works offline when it clearly does not. and a lack of functionality that should be there and isnt.
There are significant times I either need or want to work offline for whatever reason  and cant be alone in this
There is also the lack of data privacy as the way SG works reallusion is notified by the sync to thier servers every time either CC3 or Iclone is started. this can be used to profile it's customers didnt read that in the EULA
Reallusion does some great things Faceshot is amazing and the updates to include DH  enhanced the look greatly but this refusal by reallusion to give users control to tailor functionality is frustrating HUBs persistance  is a nuisance which could easily be fixed and S.G. lack of actual offline mode is a disapointing  motif.

Oh well time to restore back to pre- SG, and live in hope..........

Edited
4 Years Ago by blindman
Edward (RL)
Edward (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
blindman (3/27/2020)
Thanks for the links
It looks and feels a lot like Daz studios Smart content function. however unlike Daz's smart content "Smart gallery"  cannot be used offline,  with local content
Daz's smart content actually functions offline, either log out of your daz account or pull the plug on the internet connection and Daz runs with no complaints.  Pull the plug  with S.G installed in CC3 or Iclone and watch them whine "Busy server" . only then are offered an offline option. not the most user friendly or elegant way to work offline  ...

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion when you are offline to using Smart Gallery.
We will continue to enhance the offline mode design to make it clear and useable.

Currently, when you first time using Smart Gallery need online to get the latest data from the server. 
After that, once you lose the internet connection, the system is auto switch to offline mode.
I list the feature to the online and offline mode as below.
Offline still can do a lot of works, and I hope you can try it again.

Edward

blindman
blindman
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Edward
Thanks for the reply and I appriciate the information.
And you kinda proved my point about Reallusion's thinking, Users have the right to decide, and that Reallusion rolls out a product that establishes a remote conntection, and didnt consider  users may want to control this is staggering.  This is the same thinking that gave User's  HUB a program that for no good reason persists in system memory.   and dispite numerous assurances from Reallusion this hasnt changed since roll out.  Daz rolled out Smart content with a fully functioning offline mode. As S.G is clearly inspired by "Smart content" then theres no good reason why S.G was rolled out without a user controlled offline mode.  Sadly until there is an "offline" button for S.G then No Free or not I wont use it.
Edward (RL)
Edward (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
blindman (4/1/2020)
Edward
Thanks for the reply and I appriciate the information.
And you kinda proved my point about Reallusion's thinking, Users have the right to decide, and that Reallusion rolls out a product that establishes a remote conntection, and didnt consider  users may want to control this is staggering.  This is the same thinking that gave User's  HUB a program that for no good reason persists in system memory.   and dispite numerous assurances from Reallusion this hasnt changed since roll out.  Daz rolled out Smart content with a fully functioning offline mode. As S.G is clearly inspired by "Smart content" then theres no good reason why S.G was rolled out without a user controlled offline mode.  Sadly until there is an "offline" button for S.G then No Free or not I wont use it.

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know your concern.
We know that the first release of Smart Gallery may not 100% perfect.
And we will keep enhancing it, especially the offline mode design you mentioned.

For the custom content management, you can reference this part of the tutorial (start on 8:48)

But there is a limitation for the custom content; the content file needs under the default path.
And sure, we are now constructing to support the free path to make it smarter in the future version.
Laugh Laugh

Edward

Reading This Topic