Cannot make sub-props in 3DXchange 7.61 PRO

Posted By Amper Sand 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Amper Sand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
If somebody can guide me here:

I bought from CGTrader an animated .fbx cart+bags+horse, and it imported out-of-the-box, absolutely no problem, in 3DXchange then exported to iClone.
However, no matter what I've tried, I was unable to create sub-props for certain elements (specifically the wheels and bags), their corresponding nodes were black (not red) but the "Make sub-prop" button was disabled.
Since I needed the cart to carry something else than bags, I've done the following trick: I've hide the bags then I've exported it to iClone as a different prop, "cart without bags". But, the most important thing, the wheels, I was unable to sub-prop them - my plan was, obviously, to make them spinning in iClone using rotate transform. As you can see it (at the beginning of the clip below), the cart is basically dragged - not that I'm deeply unhappy, but I would like to know how to do it properly and also will be a good lesson to know for future similar cases.
Thanks!
vali

Edited
4 Years Ago by ampertox
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Depending on how it's designed, there are many times you can't make a sub-prop out of an FBX (OBJ works better in this regard).

Without actually seeing the structure (I don't have time to watch your video, assuming you show the structure there) I would advise you to take it into Blender and then export as OBJ and see if that doesn't work a whole lot better (you can also, in Blender, take things apart to get EXACTLY what you want in that regard).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic