Makeup from Daz to cc3

Posted By deidrereaystudios 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
deidrereaystudios
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I have looked for a few hours and failed in the attempt to get makeup, scars, and or tattoos to transfer over from daz3d to cc3 and be able to use them. Has anyone figured out a workflow for this? Anyone know of any tutorials or forum thread i might have missed?
I can export the entire character over with makeup, but say i just want to be able to use that said makeup or scar on another character I create. That is my hope. Thank you in advance for the help and advice.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
As a very general rule the problem with makeup and such in Daz is that it's applied as an overlay layer which will then not collapse properly when brought over via Transformer.  There are exceptions to this, of course, but it's true by and large.

Some makeup, in addition or instead of an L.I.E. (the overlay layers) is supplied as maps or even PSD files which you can then use yourself to combine with a facial make prior to exporting (this is fairly easy -- doing it in CC3 afterwards is WAY above my pay level).

If you tell me specifically which makeup(s) you are having trouble with I can tell you what's what and perhaps provide a video to help (assuming it's doable -- as I say, a lot really aren't).

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
deidrereaystudios
deidrereaystudios
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks for your response here and on your youtube channel. I was just more or less wondering in general as i dont have much experience in Daz at all. I tried a few different freebies i have picked up through daz seeing if it is possible. They work out fine but only as said that character. Have been looking through the reallusion store and just dont see the kind of makeup, war paint, tattoos, scars i was hoping to find (Daz just has a lot of great things in that regard). I will keep looking and send you a message if there is anything inparticular I would like to try and get over here. Or if you make any video regarding this on your channel let me know (but i am subscribed so i should find out anyway)
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic