Profile Picture

Is Iclone native rendering support multiple GPU now?

Posted By lup1224 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lup1224
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi, I am thinking of adding a second GPU to shorten my rendering time, but I am not sure whether Iclone support multiple GPU rendering with native Iclone rendering.
I know that with Iray we can select which GPU to render, even select multiple GPU, anyone know if this apply to Iclone native rendering as well?

Thanks.
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 28 minutes ago
No.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.6K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
iClone relies on 1 motherboard GPU to run its rendering. 
You would double your Iray rendering time, but iClone will remain the same.

What you could do, is replace your old GPU, with a new more powerful one as the Main GPU, and you will see some performance increase potentially if the new is much better than the old.
It's not though going to be anything noticeable since there is no Raytracing computation taking place.  But, then you could enjoy the benefits of a new GPU with more VRAM space for your scenes and now have 2 to render faster in Iray.
lup1224
lup1224
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)Senior Member (355 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks Tony!

TonyDPrime (3/11/2020)
iClone relies on 1 motherboard GPU to run its rendering. 
You would double your Iray rendering time, but iClone will remain the same.

What you could do, is replace your old GPU, with a new more powerful one as the Main GPU, and you will see some performance increase potentially if the new is much better than the old.
It's not though going to be anything noticeable since there is no Raytracing computation taking place.  But, then you could enjoy the benefits of a new GPU with more VRAM space for your scenes and now have 2 to render faster in Iray.

Reading This Topic