Profile Picture

Animation center varies with each export of the same animation, iClone 7.71 + UE4 4.24

Posted By cesar3dartist 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Animation center varies with each export of the same animation, iClone...

Author
cesar3dartist
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)Junior Member (214 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have an idle pose which origin changes each time I export. The character animation does not slide inside iClone. However, inside Unreal Engine 2 different imports of such animation results in the same animation but with a different center point...blending between both make it seem as if the character is "sliding".  I didn't change the export settings of each as far as I know. The export and import settings are the same, so I'm not sure how to fix this. 

https://youtu.be/HhVruLqhC40

HELP

Edited
4 Years Ago by cesar3dartist
Procrastinator
Procrastinator
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)Veteran Member (805 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Not an expert with iclone but have some experience with unreal. The iclone combined animation has shifted root motion (in the beginning of the animation track). You can see the transform gizmo not at the centre bottom of the character. Try exporting simple combined animations without root movement and work out from there.

Reading This Topic