Skin Weights Issue

Posted By e1_scheer 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
e1_scheer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi All,

So this is been bugging me for a while and I wanted to share the issue to see if anyone else
is having this problem.  I would be surprised if that's not the case, as it's a generic problem
and not limited to just one character, all characters have it to some degree.

The problem is the skin weights in the hip area.  All the assets I'm using are official reallusion
assets and the problems appear when I use the skin weights calibration animation.  It's especially
noticeable when the character does a complete leg bend, but it can also crop up in other poses.

At the moment I'm trying to correct it by adjusting the bones and tweaking the skin weights
but that takes quite a bit of time and it only partially solves the problem.  I have seen it 
mentioned on the forums before but I can't find the thread again.

I've also added a couple of screenshots to help illustrate the problem.  Apologies for the pose
and the exposed body parts, but it's hard to document the problem any  other way.

Any help, tips or advice would be helpful,

Iwan

Attachments
Skinning_1.png (57 views, 1,008.00 KB)
Skinning_2.png (36 views, 996.00 KB)
Skinning_3.png (36 views, 990.00 KB)
vidi
vidi
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
That is not a skin weight issue. That is the limit of Mesh Bending with bones. For fix it would need a morph that compensare specific bend value . In DAZ is it called JCM http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/assembling/tutorials/creating_joint_controlled_morphs/start

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Reading This Topic