What to Expect in 2020: iClone

Posted By Eric C (RL) 4 Years Ago
Rated 4.3 stars based on 6 votes.

Author
wildstar
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
when it comes to animation it need to be reduced. not much like on a realtime engine. 
a character sculpted on mudbox without tesselation meshs can go easy to 5 bilions polys its impossible to animate it. so the model 
must go down for 1 milion polys ( if you have a powerfull render farm ) or for some like 200/300 k polys. actualy iclone can deal with 
180 k polys 9 ( per character ) without lose performance, its like i said its a thec decision from artist. thinking on hardware resources. about render. a static high poly model you can do it inside zbrush if you want. pro render for pro work need some optimization.  so if you think about create 3d ilustrations using high poly you dont want CC3 or genesis bases. just sculpt it. retopo it paint in substance and render inside substance using iray, 
Edited
4 Years Ago by wildstar
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.3K reputation)

iclone already use it https://developer.nvidia.com/vxgi

in its version 1.0 . like toolbag use it too. actuly the most poor version of VXGI is that one running on twinmotion. 
i sugest to iclone upgrade for 2.0

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
well  the goal would be to get them over here,  once they are here yall can make tutorials for them on the proper ways to animate.

I totally appreciate what you are saying being that I learned animation from a low poly view -  but I can appreciate their view as well, 
"I just want to render this today,  not a week from today after 10 hours of tutorials and lectures, no render,  no pay, ok ?!"  heh

look at the keyshot website,  look at how they describe it - they aren't describing it to a maya crowd 

Edited
4 Years Ago by planetstardragon
AutoDidact
AutoDidact
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
It is good to see them implmenting Motion blur and
at least  simulate mirror reflections via a new "mirror object"
However IMHO, Professional animation and VFX companies will never use Iclone for final delivery until RL implements a Modern Scene Management Panel Like the outliner in Maya Max or Blender 2.8x.
Hi poly or low poly makes no difference when you have the manage & orgnanize possibly hundreds of scene elements and you need the ability to fold them up in nested,separated, NAMED Drag & drop hierarchies for easy object parenting, hiding/unhiding of collections&elements for large complex scene building.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8804d526-b686-41b3-8e52-1b30.png
Frankly this is mission impossible with the primitive scene item panel presently in Iclone.🙄
Also those of us, who model our own realtime optimized content, need a better way to import it into iclone other than the 32 bit 3DXchange which does not even allow for user defined scaling import pre-sets.
I recently Migrated all of my Daz content creation from Maxon C4D over to Blender 2.8x and already have a smooth  import /export pipeline due to both Daz studio's and Blenders ability to save user defined presets for scaling and X,Y,Z facing coordinates upon import/ export.
Most of the  Iclone animations ,you see online, have a "small stage set" look due to this severe limitation of the Iclone scene manager and content import& Management tools .😌

RAG DOLL COLLISION ANIMATIONS FOR ICLONE 8 & 7
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ghost Origins
My latest Feature length film created with Iclone.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/adf9b210-df59-4cb6-aa1b-9de5.jpg

wildstar
wildstar
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

AutoDidact (3/10/2020)
It is good to see them implmenting Motion blur and
at least  simulate mirror reflections via a new "mirror object"
However IMHO, Professional animation and VFX companies will never use Iclone for final delivery until RL implements a Modern Scene Management Panel Like the outliner in Maya Max or Blender 2.8x.
Hi poly or low poly makes no difference when you have the manage & orgnanize possibly hundreds of scene elements and you need the ability to fold them up in nested,separated, NAMED Drag & drop hierarchies for easy object parenting, hiding/unhiding of collections&elements for large complex scene building.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8804d526-b686-41b3-8e52-1b30.png
Frankly this is mission impossible with the primitive scene item panel presently in Iclone.🙄
Also those of us, who model our own realtime optimized content, need a better way to import it into iclone other than the 32 bit 3DXchange which does not even allow for user defined scaling import pre-sets.
I recently Migrated all of my Daz content creation from Maxon C4D over to Blender 2.8x and already have a smooth  import /export pipeline due to both Daz studio's and Blenders ability to save user defined presets for scaling and X,Y,Z facing coordinates upon import/ export.
Most of the  Iclone animations ,you see online, have a "small stage set" look due to this severe limitation of the Iclone scene manager and content import& Management tools .😌

AGREE. i use iclone but i dont like the way we need to manage props on scene and on timeline. when the scene is complex. start to be a pain manage many assets . 
uvz
uvz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
wildstar (3/9/2020)
uvz (3/9/2020)
What else is on the cards besides the one already mentioned for 2021.
Some suggestions for the 2021
1. Event Based Particle Fx Engine where Particles can move from one event to another and be subjected to new conditions.
2. After Effects type Compositing with Layers and Adjustment Layers, Color Correction Limited Specific unlike the overall as with LUT.
3. Motion Tracking for outside footage and Camera import.
4. Particle Fx Import from 3rd party 3d applications along with Camera import
5. Blender integration for Sculpting and a similar to ZBrush GOZ pipeline for Blender
6. Event Driven Physics and Particle engine
7. Modelling Sculpting Tools without the need for ZBrush

1 - event based particles you cant find it on realtime game engines. now in unity with HDRP and new Vfxgraph node you can do that but is really new and in preview. you can use event particles from your 3d software content creation and bake it for any game engine. i bake particle flow from max  to iclone if in some case popcornfx cant do what i want. you dont konw that ? lol
2 -  lol 
3 - you can do motion tracking in after effects and export the camera to iclone in fbx . you dont know that ? lol
4 - you can bake particles from any 3d software to iclone  and can import cameras too. 
5 - i dont use any integration for mudbox, and i really dont want it . really you want a bridge for blender? lol
6 - the big guys game engines are starting to make tests and previews with complex particle fx and its all in preview and not production ready , and you really need reallusion do it with iclone ? lol
7 iclone with modeling tools ?? but its a animation software lol? 

With Stuck in a maze of lol that I do not know which one to address first Wink
7. iClone has a GoZ pipeline so why not a Blender one.
6. I am not a Game Developer so Unreal and Unity are not my domain to comment on
5. There is a GoZ iClone pipeline but I can neither afford ZBrush or Mudboz. My software of choice is Blender Besides Reallusion 3D products.
4. I know about importing Camera but I have no clue to importing Particles into iClone. - Do you know of a tutorial that shows how to. Please share the tutorial.
3. I don't have After  Effects. My Compositor of choice is Blender. I quoted After Effects because it is easier to relate to its features.
2. Then again Adding Layers and Masks should not be a mammoth task to implement. These are just color adjustment on certain areas so I think it should be doable. Also is it possible to bring in a camera track from Blender. Could you find a tutorial if possible.
1.. I have seen PopcornFX 2 which is event driven. I have seen 3ds max's Event Driven Particle systems so I seek one within iClone (Not for Game Engines). Also PopcornFX Version 2 is an event driven particle system for Unity since more than a year.

So please share
1. Particle Camera into iClone
2. 3D Tracking with Camera into iClone with Blender if possible

Many Thanks
uvz
uvz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)Junior Member (223 reputation)

Motion Blur, Volumetric Lighting, Lens Flare are usually Post Production FX .
All these are processing heavy when done in 3D.
Even though it will be good to have all these FX and even more but I hope it does not impact the render time adversely.
Should Reallusion also consider a Compositor Add On to complement iClone instead of burdening the 3D Render Engine.
wildstar
wildstar
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

uvz (3/10/2020)
wildstar (3/9/2020)
uvz (3/9/2020)
What else is on the cards besides the one already mentioned for 2021.
Some suggestions for the 2021
1. Event Based Particle Fx Engine where Particles can move from one event to another and be subjected to new conditions.
2. After Effects type Compositing with Layers and Adjustment Layers, Color Correction Limited Specific unlike the overall as with LUT.
3. Motion Tracking for outside footage and Camera import.
4. Particle Fx Import from 3rd party 3d applications along with Camera import
5. Blender integration for Sculpting and a similar to ZBrush GOZ pipeline for Blender
6. Event Driven Physics and Particle engine
7. Modelling Sculpting Tools without the need for ZBrush

1 - event based particles you cant find it on realtime game engines. now in unity with HDRP and new Vfxgraph node you can do that but is really new and in preview. you can use event particles from your 3d software content creation and bake it for any game engine. i bake particle flow from max  to iclone if in some case popcornfx cant do what i want. you dont konw that ? lol
2 -  lol 
3 - you can do motion tracking in after effects and export the camera to iclone in fbx . you dont know that ? lol
4 - you can bake particles from any 3d software to iclone  and can import cameras too. 
5 - i dont use any integration for mudbox, and i really dont want it . really you want a bridge for blender? lol
6 - the big guys game engines are starting to make tests and previews with complex particle fx and its all in preview and not production ready , and you really need reallusion do it with iclone ? lol
7 iclone with modeling tools ?? but its a animation software lol? 

With Stuck in a maze of lol that I do not know which one to address first Wink
7. iClone has a GoZ pipeline so why not a Blender one.
6. I am not a Game Developer so Unreal and Unity are not my domain to comment on
5. There is a GoZ iClone pipeline but I can neither afford ZBrush or Mudboz. My software of choice is Blender Besides Reallusion 3D products.
4. I know about importing Camera but I have no clue to importing Particles into iClone. - Do you know of a tutorial that shows how to. Please share the tutorial.
3. I don't have After  Effects. My Compositor of choice is Blender. I quoted After Effects because it is easier to relate to its features.
2. Then again Adding Layers and Masks should not be a mammoth task to implement. These are just color adjustment on certain areas so I think it should be doable. Also is it possible to bring in a camera track from Blender. Could you find a tutorial if possible.
1.. I have seen PopcornFX 2 which is event driven. I have seen 3ds max's Event Driven Particle systems so I seek one within iClone (Not for Game Engines). Also PopcornFX Version 2 is an event driven particle system for Unity since more than a year.

So please share
1. Particle Camera into iClone
2. 3D Tracking with Camera into iClone with Blender if possible

Many Thanks

7 - a bridge for zbrush is good , when i talk this is not so important is cause i use mudbox to create content and sculpt cc3 bases on mudbox without any bridge so you can do the same with blender. so its not a critical needed feature. 
6 - i talk about game engines cause event based particles its not a natural/normal thing in game engines and talk about the big ones. 
unity and unreal dont have event based particles. ( already have but in preview not ready for comercial use ) and you asking to reallusion put it in iclone when popcornfx already is a powerfull weapon to create particles. and you always can bake your particles from 3dmax/c4d/blender . i bake particle flow particles into iclone using a script i am max user so i cant help you with blender ( i hate blender ) 
4 - already answered on 6 
3 i say lol cause , comunity know this is not priority to reallusion put a composer/edit inside iclone . they already have much problems to solve. 
2 - like i said you can bake particle flow(3dmax )  to import in iclone as fbx animation . like you can do for any game engine. just search on internet for bake particles to game engines like unity or unreal. 
1 i already made some tests exporting tracked cameras as fbx cameras to iclone but i dont have much sucess . the objects looks sliding
i believe will be something about the fact iclone works internal as 60 fps . when all cameras work as 29.97 /30fps .but you can do that easy just track your camera and export it as fbx camera and import in iclone. i made it using after effects and a script called fbx exporter. 

peace

Edited
4 Years Ago by wildstar
Data Juggler
Data Juggler
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Will IClone 8 support 60 FPS? That and less flickering are my two biggest wishes.

7.7.2 seems to flicker if an object is selected more than before.

Creator of the free website:
PixelDatabase.Net
A Free Online Text Based Image Editor
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6e6663e2-0ecf-447a-ab3d-d49d.png

thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Data Juggler (3/11/2020)
Will IClone 8 support 60 FPS? That and less flickering are my two biggest wishes.

7.7.2 seems to flicker if an object is selected more than before.

What do you mean by 60fps? You can already render in 60fps.

Reading This Topic