What to Expect in 2020: iClone

Posted By Eric C (RL) 4 Years Ago
Rated 4.3 stars based on 6 votes.
Author
Eric C (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
Dear iCloners,

Thank you for your continuous support, and we simply could not have gone this far without your enthusiastic participation.
In 2019, we developed our Python-scripted plugins, and introduced our Unreal Live Link plugin to you.
We hope this has helped many of you in your plans, ideas and 3D projects! 

We have read through your numerous forum posts and the feedback tracker, and now it's time to look forward and see what we will bring in 2020.
This post is for sharing iClone's roadmap with all the relevant technical breakthroughs we have achieved!
*Some new features may require the purchase of additional content and plugins. For sales related inquiries, please wait for further notices from Reallusion.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/12f1d389-c9fa-46d5-81fc-6312.png    

SSS Shader for Accessories & Props (CC 3.3 / iClone 7.8)
Besides the update for CC characters, props, accessories, now non-standard characters will be able to have SSS shader in CC 3.3 and iClone 7.8.
With the SSS shader, users are able to create translucent material effects, and a built-in SSS material library in the coming update.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8f510be8-d355-4013-8d3c-9249.png

See this quick demo on applying SSS shader to a prop.

CC Digital Human Features (CC 3.4 / iClone 7.9)
Please note that iClone users are entitled to a free Character Creator 3 (for iClone version), and all major character updates will be supported by iClone as well. 

• CC3 + Character Base: support animated tear line and occlusion mesh in eye animation
  • Facial Hair System: mustache and beard can move along with facial expression and lipsync animation
  • Wrinkle System: facial morphs can drive diffuse and normal texture blend, users can define custom wrinkle patterns for different characters.
Visit CC page (here) for detailed introduction. 

Enhanced Facial Lip-sync  (iClone 7.9)
  • A highly accurate viseme generation based on voice detection will be added (supports English, French, German in the first release) 
  • Facial animation can be driven by audio strength for different animation styles
  • Enhanced smooth lip algorithm for co-articulation.

Pipeline for 3rd Party Tools
We will keep enhancing the pipeline between mainstream 3D tools with iClone:

#Unreal Engine

Updates along with CC 3.3 and iClone 7.8:

Auto Setup v1.1
  • Auto transfer Cloth Physics Properties and Character Collision Mesh

• Fully Support Reallusion Digital Human Shader
    -Most of the parameter settings for skin, eyes, mouth and teeth can be transferred with identical render.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8a87420c-bf38-4d60-a822-0174.png

• SSS Shader for Prop and Accessories
iClone Unreal Live Link Plugin 1.2
  • Direct transfer iClone props and link animation 
  • Direct transfer of iClone non-human skin-bone characters and link animation 
  • Direct transfer cloth physics attributes

• Direct transfer iClone characters' collision shape to Unreal (it might take some minor adjustments to get ideal results)

iClone 8 - What’s in the Lab Now !

This is for YOU! Our amazing iClone community have been so supportive with their forum suggestions and Feedback Tracker reporting, this has enabled us to include many new powerful visual features into the development of iClone 8.

Hot from the Reallusion Lab -- here we share some videos that we know will bring a smile to some your faces ! Smile

Visual Enhancements
  • Mirror - the number one voted feature from the Feedback Tracker. This mirror object works as a plane which can be placed anywhere. 

• Lens Flare - supports multiple lens flare patterns and custom features.

• Volumetric Light - yes, the God rays are here! This works beautifully with particle effects.

• Motion Blur - to bring more film effects to animated objects and cameras

• See the difference after using the combined effects

*Helicopter and vehicle props courtesy of Adolf Antareus. Visit their page and see more details: (helicopter) (pickup)
  • Enhanced TAA for Animated Render
    Comparing to iClone7, TAA designed for static frame render, the newly enhanced TAA can effectively remove alias flickering in animation, and give a much faster render output.

This is just a beginning, there will be more exciting things to come...
Please STAY TUNED and thanks for your patience and support.

The Reallusion Team
Edited
4 Years Ago by Eric C (RL)
charly Rama
charly Rama
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 33 minutes ago
Waouh, amazing. You guys are one of firms who really listen to your customers. Can't wait for all this 

Edited
4 Years Ago by charly Rama
toystorylab
toystorylab
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 minute ago
Yeah, great news!
Looking forward to the new facial lip-sync!
Thoug the iClone 8 features are way more impressive w00t
Well, we will have to wait at least another year for that. Probably even longer... Ermm
Thanx anyway!
Finally mirrors and volumetric lights will spicy my workSatisfied

Toystorylab on Vimeo : https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ce44ea78-6984-47d8-9bf4-b783.png    Crassitudes (my "Alter Ego") on Youtube: https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/fcc4df30-b3a8-40a5-a427-0735.png

linus10111
linus10111
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I'm definitely looking forward to advanced lipsync!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
System: Win 11_Home, CPU i9-10850k (3.60GHz), 32GB RAM, RTX3080 GPU (10GB VRAM), 2TB SSD, 2TB HDD. It's definitely time for an upgrade!

davidjosue007
davidjosue007
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Very great enhancements, can't wait to see that !
Good Job to RL team !

David-Josué
http://www.iclone-fr.blogspot.com/http://www.iclonetemplate.com
Bassline303
Bassline303
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.4K reputation)

WoW , want and need all of this , great job , RL Smile  Mirror , Motion Blur , I can't believe   ;-)
facr73
facr73
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Wow,

That's fantastic. Great news.

"A highly accurate viseme generation based on voice detection will be added (supports English, French, German in the first release) "
I hope Portuguese is in the roadmap as well. 

Greets

nealtucker
nealtucker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
All great stuff BUT....for fear of missing the boat, why not bring it out now? they have it working after all? at least the lights and mirror stuff, waiting another year is crazy to me, I'm getting all these...and better results in Unreal after being pointed in their direction by RL.
Ok I'm still learning but after a year of really getting to know UR, why would I bother spending hard-earned cash on something I already have and can do? Plus Unreal will be another year more advanced....Have you seen their road-map? Wow!
And just to be clear, I have already spent and been spending my money on some great and affordable Unreal assets rather than in the usual iClone store, iClone and CC stuff will still have a place in my workflow but not as much as it was.
My advice would be to get all this stuff out now and ASAP...not in a years Time
N.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
View my latest Iclone project THEY ARE HERE Renegades versus the overlords Resize Editor
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Dear RL team
there are some great things coming up to us in 2020. (especially on those de may need it)

Unfortunately, the mirror function will only be available in IClone 8 next year (or even later). We have been waiting for this function for 6 years now (in IC 5 there was the working mirror - from IC 6 no longer).
Why are we now6 waiting 1 year?
Why can't you publish the mirror in IC 7.8 or 7.9.
That would actually be a concession to loyal (old) users

Why do Live Link and Auto Upload updates work for Unreal?

Greetings from Germany
Postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Edited
4 Years Ago by Postfrosch
jstanleynwo
jstanleynwo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (116 reputation)Junior Member (116 reputation)Junior Member (116 reputation)Junior Member (116 reputation)Junior Member (116 reputation)Junior Member (116 reputation)Junior Member (116 reputation)Junior Member (116 reputation)Junior Member (116 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Love the direction and excited for the future of reallusion team. I have one question or at least a concern.
I was curious was the unity pipeline ever be updated? Will unity user get a live link. I would love to be able to do some of the live link features within unity..
Thanks

Reading This Topic