Do we have to use the Smart Gallery?

Posted By theschemer 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
theschemer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Just curious if we really have to use the Smart Gallery. I am a single hobbyist user of IClone and CC and Cartoon Animator. I have IClone v5, v6, and v7. I install all products into all of the versions for safe keeping. It seems that Smart Gallery will see some files as redundant or copies of the same files?? If I don't install Smart Gallery what would I really be missing now and in the future?
Thanks,
TS
Edward (RL)
Edward (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
theschemer (3/6/2020)
Just curious if we really have to use the Smart Gallery. I am a single hobbyist user of IClone and CC and Cartoon Animator. I have IClone v5, v6, and v7. I install all products into all of the versions for safe keeping. It seems that Smart Gallery will see some files as redundant or copies of the same files?? If I don't install Smart Gallery what would I really be missing now and in the future?
Thanks,
TS

Hello,

The Smart Gallery has better download performance, inventory lists in local, tagging systems, and so on, but Downloader doesn't have.
Suggest you install it to try. LaughLaugh
For the content files, both results should be the same after installation.
If you find there are differences, that may be an issue that we need to resolve.

Edward

theschemer
theschemer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Edward,
  Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I won't know until I try it. Wink
Thanks,
TS
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Hi Schemer

I would definitely give Smart Gallery a try. It really is a massive time saver, especially if you have a lot of content. Previously you would need to go into your Reallusion Account > Order History to find the content to download. Now you can do it without even leaving iClone or Character Creator. Plus as Edward explained it is a lot faster than the Downloader.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

roger4038_039037
roger4038_039037
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (171 reputation)Junior Member (171 reputation)Junior Member (171 reputation)Junior Member (171 reputation)Junior Member (171 reputation)Junior Member (171 reputation)Junior Member (171 reputation)Junior Member (171 reputation)Junior Member (171 reputation)

Is it possible to see ONLY things that I actually have purchased in Smart Gallery?  There are items there and when I click them I get an offer to buy them. It is confusing that some items which are on offer from your store are mixed with my purchased items in Smart Galley.

A smart gallery is fine, but I don't need a gallery that tries to get smart with me by tricking me into buying more stuff  Smile
wires
wires
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
roger4038_039037 (1/27/2021)
Is it possible to see ONLY things that I actually have purchased in Smart Gallery?  There are items there and when I click them I get an offer to buy them. It is confusing that some items which are on offer from your store are mixed with my purchased items in Smart Galley.

A smart gallery is fine, but I don't need a gallery that tries to get smart with me by tricking me into buying more stuff  Smile

You can set the SG to show only installed content:

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/76587cd5-1e3d-475b-af31-e496.png

It is also possible to set it to show any uninstalled content, or even content that has been recently updated by the creator. CoolSmooooth

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic