Profile Picture

Invert Pose Plugin

Posted By fabiogoncalves 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
fabiogoncalves
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Invert Pose is a 3rd party plugin for Reallusion's IClone that simplifies the process of inverting poses in IClone.After installing the plugin you will be able to invert poses by the use of an hotkey Ctrl+Shift+i

Video preview: https://youtu.be/kdhUMIYaJBY
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Yeah I wrote this a while back (around six months ago -- I think I've already posted it here on the forums for free) but although the pose is easy to invert with Python what I *really* wanted was to invert the clip and could not figure out how to do that.

If you ever get around to doing that it would be worth buying (just mirroring the entire clip).  THAT'S hard (unlike just inverting the one key).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
4 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

THAT'S hard (unlike just inverting the one key).         

Could you sample the motion clip and then reorder the keys in the timeline? Just an idea.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

The problem is the root -- I'd have to think a bit to remember all my issues, but it really came down to root motions and how to invert them (the actual rotations are EASY to invert -- again, I think I have the code posted somewhere in the Python thread in case anyone wants to download and give it a shot.  But I got so disappointed in being able to invert the whole clip I gave up).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Amper Sand
Amper Sand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Kelleytoons (2/29/2020)
what I *really* wanted was to invert the clip and could not figure out how to do that.

If you mean the rendered video clip, then HitFilm has the Time Reverse "effect" (ie play backward). I'm using HitFilm Pro (paid), but I think this effect is also available in HitFilm Express (free).

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

If you mean the rendered video clip, then HitFilm has the Time Reverse "effect" (ie play backward). I'm using HitFilm Pro (paid), but I think this effect is also available in HitFilm Express (free).

Actually iClone has built-in Reverse clip function. Mike was talking about mirroring the clip as I understood.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Right.  I want to mirror the clip itself -- as I said, mirroring the pose is simple and I've posted the code to do it here on the forums.  But I could never figure out how to mirror the entire clip.

What I do nowadays is use an external program for this process (and for the life of me I can't remember what it is -- because I do mocap I seldom need this but the one time it came in handy due to me capturing the wrong way it was indispensable).    But if someone could write a Python program to do this I'd pay for it (would be worth having).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic