Selling CC3 Characters on Fiverr

Posted By Dan Miller 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago
So I didn't realize we can sell CC3 characters now, including clothing, on Fiverr for use in game engines.

I will make a highly detailed model in character creator 3

Dorothy Jean
Dorothy Jean
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
danmiller (2/29/2020)
So I didn't realize we can sell CC3 characters now, including clothing, on Fiverr for use in game engines.

I will make a highly detailed model in character creator 3

I believe that is not allowed. Good catch!!  You should PM Peter(RL) with the link. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

I believe that is not allowed. Good catch!!  You should PM Peter(RL) with the link.

Yep, I don't think it is within the licensing either.

Nice store, I subscribed. 
Dorothy Jean
Dorothy Jean
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
danmiller (2/29/2020)

Yep, I don't think it is within the licensing either.

Nice store, I subscribed. 

Ha thanks!! I just made that signature but I think the banner is too big so I have been working on something smaller. LOL   

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dbdccbe9-2417-45d2-b87d-7b31.jpg

TonyDPrime
TonyDPrime
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I am fascinated by these topics...If I want to pay this guy to make me a model, because I can't do it myself, why can't I utilize him.
I mean really.  As long as we both own CC3 and all the associated content, what is the problem whether I made it myself or not. 
Thus, how do you know underlying the transaction there are not 2 people who both would not be in ownership of CC3.  How are you going to prove this.

Because otherwise the whole lot of morphs, assets, and clothing sold for CC3 are in violation, because I can create these all, by myself, in Blender...for free. 

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am fascinated by these topics...If I want to pay this guy to make me a model, because I can't do it myself, why can't I utilize him.
I mean really.  As long as we both own CC3 and all the associated content, what is the problem whether I made it myself or not. 
Thus, how do you know underlying the transaction there are not 2 people who both would not be in ownership of CC3.  How are you going to prove this.
Because otherwise the whole lot of morphs, assets, and clothing sold for CC3 are in violation, because I can create these all, by myself, in Blender...for free.

Hey, don't get me wrong, if it were within the licensing I would sell assets like that too. I highly doubt the Fiverr customers own CC3, and he is not saying he can only sell to CC3 owners. Clearly he sells to anyone who pays $50. I agree with your point, you can't prove it. You pay money and get CC3 assets in return.

When I first purchased CC3, I inquired about selling like this and I was informed that it would be a violation of the licensing. If it's cool to do now then I will do it too. I highly doubt that anything has changed though.
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
wouldn't you need CC3 to load the file though and any dependencies?
I mean for example I only own iC6 and CC2.2 so the files would be no good to me and one needs the various base clothings too.

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wendyluvscatz (3/1/2020)
wouldn't you need CC3 to load the file though and any dependencies?
I mean for example I only own iC6 and CC2.2 so the files would be no good to me and one needs the various base clothings too.

No, he is exporting as an FBX. From there it gets imported into the game engine of choice. 

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
ah that's different 
if they were just CC3 files then yes need the software etc

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ha thanks!! I just made that signature but I think the banner is too big so I have been working on something smaller. LOL
It looks good to me and nice work.

Reading This Topic