Issue ignored?

Posted By Colonel_Klink 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Colonel_Klink
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
This was posted before and I still have not been able to resolve the following issue even after 3 re-installs...

"Not sure if this pre-existed in 3.2x or not as I haven't done much in the way of CC3 morphs until recently. However this new problem exists not only with importing avatar obj's exported from CC3 and altered in Zbrush, and imported to create morph sliders. It also happens with avatars exported as obj's and re-imported without alteration. See attached picture which should explain the problem I have. A reinstall of CC3 did not fix the issue"

On Feedback Tracker

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/da94814c-a230-457f-b4b7-8cf8.png

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

animagic
animagic
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 52 minutes ago
I did a quick test with the default female, and I could export the obj and then create a morph slider and apply it without problems.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

animagic (2/29/2020)
I did a quick test with the default female, and I could export the obj and then create a morph slider and apply it without problems.

Hmmm... I have exported both cc2 and cc3 avatars and re-imported them with or without alteration and the effect is as above. I will download the CC3 files direct from RL and reinstall that way and not through the hub. Thanks animagic. Bob

Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I am sure this one also relate. It is not even about morphs. Just a character I had in the project got turned into similar mess after recent iClone update.

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Particular-character-becomes-deformed-with-latest-update-7-72

Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

4u2ges (2/29/2020)
I am sure this one also relate. It is not even about morphs. Just a character I had in the project got turned into similar mess after recent iClone update.

https://www.reallusion.com/FeedBackTracker/Issue/Particular-character-becomes-deformed-with-latest-update-7-72

Looks like the same issue.
I had updated using the Hub 3 times but still the same issue. Just now I have bitten the bullet and reinstalled manually... The avatars I had previously exported then re-imported into CC3 still had the same issued. So I redid the morphs and they have imported perfectly. I don't know what the issue is but the Hub update corrupted something, the manual install fixed it.

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.6K reputation)

I had updated using the Hub 3 times but still the same issue. Just now I have bitten the bullet and reinstalled manually... The avatars I had previously exported then re-imported into CC3 still had the same issued. So I redid the morphs and they have imported perfectly. I don't know what the issue is but the Hub update corrupted something, the manual install fixed it.

Lucky you Smile
Not the case with iClone, which is what I am having the problem with. I uninstalled iClone from the hub. Installed it back from the hub (it installed v7.71). My character is OK now.
But the v7.72 is a small update (like a patch), which is only available from the Hub. After applying that patch my character is messed up again.
Hopefully they'd be able to sort it out, now that it is definitely a small v7.72 patch caused the problem.

Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

4u2ges (3/1/2020)

Lucky you Smile
Not the case with iClone, which is what I am having the problem with. I uninstalled iClone from the hub. Installed it back from the hub (it installed v7.71). My character is OK now.
But the v7.72 is a small update (like a patch), which is only available from the Hub. After applying that patch my character is messed up again.
Hopefully they'd be able to sort it out, now that it is definitely a small v7.72 patch caused the problem.

I downloaded CC3 from my account at RL... The latest 7.22 iClone on your account should work.

4u2ges
4u2ges
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That is the thing. Unlike CC, there is no IC v7.72 available at my account. As the matter of fact, there is no full installation of this version is available at all.
The latest one at the account is v7.71. And then in the HUB there is a small patch (~300Mb), which upgrades 7.71 to 7.72. That patch is not available at the account.

Edited
4 Years Ago by 4u2ges
Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

4u2ges (3/1/2020)
That is the thing. Unlike CC, there is no IC v7.72 available at my account. As the matter of fact, there is no full installation of this version is available at all.
The latest one at the account is v7.71. And then in the HUB there is a small patch (~300Mb), which upgrades 7.71 to 7.72. That patch is not available at the account.

Ah I see....

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Thank you both for the feedback.

Please do remember for non-critical issues you can report these in the Feedback Tracker. However, for more serious issues that are affecting your ability to use iClone or Character Creator, please contact Technical Support and report the problem there. They can then work with you to try and get the issue resolved as soon as possible. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic