Unreal Crashes and Warnings

Posted By Dan Miller 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
Here is another link of a Champions League Artist in UE4

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/aRVVzz

Wow, very realistic looking. I like it.

I was starting to get into Cinemachine but it sounds like overall UE4 is the best for filmmaking. 
Lord_Dreadmoor
Lord_Dreadmoor
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I love that guy's work! Like any other form of filmmaking, half the battle is lighting the scene properly. That's why cinematographers make the big bucks, lol.

artstation.com/dreadmoormediaarts
AllenLee (RL)
AllenLee (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)Senior Member (343 reputation)

Hi all,
We have fixed many crash issues in the next version of the iClone Live Link plug-in.
( Especially versions of Unreal Engine 4.24 and 4.23 )

Allen
Edited
4 Years Ago by AllenLee (RL)
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Lord_Dreadmoor (3/5/2020)
I love that guy's work! Like any other form of filmmaking, half the battle is lighting the scene properly. That's why cinematographers make the big bucks, lol.

At this stage I know nothing about lighting. But I do know it is important. 

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

AllenLee (RL) (3/6/2020)
Hi all,
We have fixed many crash issues in the next version of the iClone Live Link plug-in.
( Especially versions of Unreal Engine 4.24 and 4.23 )

Allen

That's good to hear. I'm using v1.11. Is there a newer one available for download?
Lord_Dreadmoor
Lord_Dreadmoor
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

danmiller (3/6/2020)

At this stage I know nothing about lighting. But I do know it is important. 

Here are a couple of really informative tutorials that can definitely help you...

Also, definitely check out the entire series on lighting in UE4 from these artists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaOQUZbUSvw&list=PLCRJGDO3d1kv2LhVh19zqCkGFOK7in14x

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS6BR7L9kZc&list=PLL0cLF8gjBpqHndezz_A7DmrYz_M0LNjd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWADlXyfYCk&list=PLEopipDmYdmxGx2xMKHh31oLGtKO7fCBe

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm headed to work but I will definitely check the links tomorrow when I get back. I appreciate the tutorials.
Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Dude, when LiveLink first came out I was all on board. I might even still be in the future when using direct motion capture live rigs, but ever since I upgraded to Unreal Engine 4.24 it has been a source of constant aggravation, not nearly as much with 4.23 as you mentioned previously, but now, total pain in the ass. Truthfully, I have been getting much greater results by bypassing the need for the plugin altogether. I simply export my based model from CC3, as well as animations from iClone 7, then make sure to enable morph targets when importing the character into UE4 via FBX so that facial animation works, then import the FBX animation files using the intended character as skeletal reference. Boom, done. Now I can animate both my CC3 characters as well as my UE4 characters at the same time, in the same sequencer, without having to run two programs at once and eat up all that additional RAM. I know that there are people who have shown amazing results using the plugin and I'm hoping to do the same at some point, so it's all a matter of preference, but for me, at this moment and the amount of work I need to complete, I can't afford the constant errors and crashes, so bypass it is. 

So I tried what you suggested to stay away from Live Link for now. But it ended up crashing UE4 and not importing the character from CC3. Here is what I did:

1. Exported character from CC3.
2. Imported the FBX into UE4 by drag/drop into the editor.

For this test I didn't do anything with animations. If I understood you correctly, you are able to export any character you want from CC3 to be used in UE4. And you are able to do animations in iClone 7, export and import into UE4.  So if I'm understanding correctly I should be able to simply bring a character into UE4 from CC3.

Prior to bringing it in I did install the autosetup plugin from RL. I checked to make sure all was well with no errors and then brought the character in. I'm pretty sure the autosetup plugin has to be installed before I can work with CC3 characters. On import of the character, I selected the highest quality shader.

These are the errors upon crashing:
LoginId:f76a393749985a556d594ba489e099e7
EpicAccountId:f4641cde9be14d648c7dd01ad43ef769
Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000068
UE4Editor_RLPlugin!UCCFbxFactory::FactoryCreateFile() [c:\users\allenlee.beyoung\desktop\unreal\4.24\rllivelink\rllivelink\rlplugin\hostproject\plugins\rlplugin\source\rlplugin\private\ccfbxfactory.cpp:307]
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_AssetTools
UE4Editor_AssetTools
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll

This line would indicate a connection with Live Link. Maybe it's looking for it. 
Any ideas?

FactoryCreateFile() [c:\users\allenlee.beyoung\desktop\unreal\4.24\rllivelink\rllivelink\rlplugin\hostproject\plugins\rlplugin\source\rlplugin\private\ccfbxfactory.cpp:307]

Lord_Dreadmoor
Lord_Dreadmoor
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

What I would suggest is making sure Live Link is deactivated in the project and trying again.

Dan Miller
Dan Miller
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Lord_Dreadmoor (3/10/2020)
What I would suggest is making sure Live Link is deactivated in the project and trying again.

The RL LiveLink plugin is disabled. UE4 LiveLink is enabled but I disabled to try the import again. Same result. It seems like an issue with the RL Auto Setup plugin that is supposed to auto configure the character. So far I haven't had any success with RL and Unreal. 

Reading This Topic