Smart Gallery has really messed up my content folders

Posted By wires 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Smart Gallery tagged iClone content as being "Not Installed" even though it was correctly installed. Despite this I double clicked on the Packs in the SG to get the content redownloaded in the hope that it would solve the issue.

That was my biggest mistake, and here is a short list of some of the things that have been messed up.

G5 MixMove_Male and G5 MixMove_Female motions are now stored in my Character folder
LoPoly_Medieval Characters are now all stored in the root of the Character folder, even though I already had a Sub-folder there from the original install containing them.
The props from the Medieval World Builder pack are now stored in the root of the Props folder, and not in the Sub-Folder that already exists.
The same happened with the Small Crowds Medieval Witch Hunt pack.
The HD Sky Props are saved correctly in my Props folder but the "Smart" Gallery has reinstalled them in the root of the Sky folder - and they don't show there inside the Content manager in iClone because of the missing iSky name

I haven't done a 100% check of all folders yet, but the above issues are so far the most obvious errors caused by the SG.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edward (RL)
Edward (RL)
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
wires (2/26/2020)
Smart Gallery tagged iClone content as being "Not Installed" even though it was correctly installed. Despite this I double clicked on the Packs in the SG to get the content redownloaded in the hope that it would solve the issue.

That was my biggest mistake, and here is a short list of some of the things that have been messed up.

G5 MixMove_Male and G5 MixMove_Female motions are now stored in my Character folder
LoPoly_Medieval Characters are now all stored in the root of the Character folder, even though I already had a Sub-folder there from the original install containing them.
The props from the Medieval World Builder pack are now stored in the root of the Props folder, and not in the Sub-Folder that already exists.
The same happened with the Small Crowds Medieval Witch Hunt pack.
The HD Sky Props are saved correctly in my Props folder but the "Smart" Gallery has reinstalled them in the root of the Sky folder - and they don't show there inside the Content manager in iClone because of the missing iSky name

I haven't done a 100% check of all folders yet, but the above issues are so far the most obvious errors caused by the SG.

Hello Gerry,

We checked the sync issue for the five packs you provide today. 
And we found there are some issues; they have been fixed in our backend; you may refresh your Smart Gallery and try again.
But some of the packs are a legacy pack, which the developer did not set the subfolder, and we cannot change it.
Currently, the Downloader and Smart Gallery installation path is the same for five packs below, which means the local sync should be work correctly.

UserAPPack NameDeveloperStatus Update
GerryICMixMoves-Communication 200Reallusion
Fixed, please refresh to check
GerryICFREE 50+ HD Skies, Domes, BroadSkies & SkyGlobes.Armstrong
GerryICMedieval EZ Worldbuilder KitBigboss
Legacy pack that the developer set on the category root
GerryICG5 Small Crowds Medieval Witch-huntBigboss
GerryICCasting Extras - Medieval Lo PolyApparition

If you still failed to sync it may be due to another reason, Maranda has a post explaining the various possible condition; you may review it:
wires
wires
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thank you for the quick reply Edward. Smile

What I don't understand is that when I use the legacy installer all of the items are stored in the correct Sub-Folders and the Smart Gallery is however looking for them in the root directories. WhistlingUnsure

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic